At Walton Arts Center/Walmart AMP, we strive to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing the best entertainment to our audiences in Northwest Arkansas, and we know our organization runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
Our organizations’ dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is clearly reflected in our values: Relevance; Inclusivity; Sustainability; Excellence. Diversity is a commitment at Walton Arts Center/Walmart AMP. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.
The Local Stage Crew provides a wide variety of technical and production support to touring shows and artists at the direction of touring road crews and WAC / AMP’s Production Department heads. This involves moving equipment from the trucks to the appropriate positions throughout the venue, “running” cable, “building” the stage and scenery, assembling and operating theatrical equipment, and performing cues and other functions during the performance. Following the final performance local stagehands will take the show apart and load it back onto the trucks.
Principal Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Unload equipment from tractor trailers and move to the appropriate locations throughout the venue.
- Build or assemble various aspects of the show such as the stage or scenery, lighting towers, sound, props…etc.
- Assist with technical aspects during shows or events including, but not limited to, sound, lighting, staging, wardrobe, hair/wigs, props, and hospitality for artists as well as crew.
- Disassemble all show equipment, pack, and reload tractor trailers following the last performance.
- Assist in technical equipment operation, maintenance, and replacement
- Assist with orderly maintenance of stage and backstage areas
- Represent Walton Arts Center / Walmart AMP at both on and off-site events, as requested.
- Maintain security and safety requirements utilizing best practices and as defined by operations guidelines.
- Maintain professional working relationships with teammates, fellow staff members from other departments, vendors, patrons, and tenants of leased spaces.
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures