The Mountain Adventures Lead II is responsible for overseeing daily operations of all activities and ensures staff is operating as outlined in the Local Operational Procedures. The Mountain Adventures Lead II must be able to open, operate, and close all activities and troubleshoot any complications. The Mountain Adventures Lead II must have leadership skills and be a positive role model, with the ability to direct, empower and discipline staff. Serving as a key member of the Mountain Adventures Department, the Mountain Adventures Lead II will work closely with other Mountain Adventures Supervisors and will report directly to the Mountain Adventures Management Team.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Accountability
- Communicate and coordinate with Guest Services, Corporate Sales, Lift Operations, Patrol and Public Programs regarding staffing activities and events.
- Oversee staff within their assigned area.
- Coordinate with Mountain Adventures Manager and other supervisors regarding staff.
- Ensure all Mountain Adventure guides and leads perform their duties appropriately at all times. Hold staff accountable to duties required and discipline/reward staff as needed.
- Deliver morning safety meeting and track daily reports and inspections, follow up as needed.
- Communicate any issues noted in daily reports and inspections to a supervisor or manager.
- Maintain guest and employee safety as a top priority and follow all safety protocols and procedures.
- Make quick problem solving decisions pertaining to customer complaints, operations, and staff.
- Keep guest services informed regarding daily operations and wait times.
- Assist in training new and returning guides.
- Meet with Mountain Adventures Management Team.
- Safe operation of park vehicles.
- All other job duties as assigned.
- Must be able to perform the job of a Mountain Adventures guide or lead at any time as needed.
Required Knowledge and Essential Skills
- Must be comfortable overseeing public activities that often occur at height or speed.
- Familiarity with climbing harnesses and rescue techniques helpful but not required.
- Experience working with the public.
- Superior organizational, coordination and multi-tasking abilities.
- Must demonstrate leadership and be a positive role model.
- Understand emergency procedures and respond to situations in a professional manner.
- Ability to work in a team environment in the outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Must enjoy working in a team environment.
- Must work well with children.
- Must have excellent organization and customer service skills.
- Must be flexible about work assignments and maintain a good attitude.
- Highly motivated with leadership skills.
Environmental Job Requirements
- Ability to work outdoors in all temperature/weather extremes.
- Able to navigate through all course elements with confidence and ease.
- Comfortable at heights.
- Ability to lift 75 pounds.
- Must be able to sit and stand on feet for extended periods of time.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Hearing – to converse with others in a normal conversation.
- Balancing, bending, climbing, kneeling, walking, pushing, reaching above shoulders, and sitting.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work within the framework of the job description at any time without prior notice.