PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Head Lifeguard/Swim Instructor supports the camp program to facilitate the safety and quality of aquatics programming at Young Set Club summer camps.
The Head Lifeguard/Swim Instructor has a duty to ensure the following of Young Set Club swimming pool rules, monitoring pool patron conduct, and perform emergency rescue and lifesaving techniques, if necessary. The Head Lifeguard/Swim Instructor is responsible for scheduling and delivering swim lessons as a part of the camp’s learn to swim program.
Program Curriculum and Delivery
- Coordinate, train, and schedule the Lifeguards and any additional Swim Instructors for the Young Set Club aquatics programming.
- Coordinate and conduct instruction for a variety of swimming classes for multiple ages (5 to 15 years old) and ability levels.
Supervision, Health and Safety
- Enforce swimming pool rules and regulations, including ensuring orderly conduct by swimmers.
- Assist swimmers who are in distress and administer a variety of first aid and/or life saving techniques, as appropriate.
- Assist in maintaining pool areas in a safe and clean condition.
- Observe staff behaviors and provide feedback to ensure quality performance; communicating observations to the Camp Manager regarding staff performance and aquatics program quality.
- Communicate regularly with parents/guardians about their camper’s swimming abilities and progress in lessons.
- Register campers for swim lessons using Active Network Camp and Class Manager Software.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other Young Set Club employees and program families using principles of good customer service.