PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Lifeguard supports the program and operations to facilitate the safety and quality of aquatics programming at Young Set Club summer camps and assists with camp activities during non-aquatic time frames.
The Lifeguard has a duty to ensure the following of Young Set Club swimming pool rules, monitoring pool patron conduct, and perform emergency rescue and lifesaving techniques, if necessary.
The following duties are normal for this position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment.
Supervision, Health and Safety
- Enforce swimming pool rules and regulations, including ensuring orderly conduct by swimmers.
- Assist swimmers who are in distress and administer a variety of first aid and/or life saving techniques, as appropriate.
- Assist in maintaining pool areas in a safe and clean condition.
- As Needed:
- Provide the daily care of each camper within your supervision including recognition of personal health needs.
- Be alert to equipment and facilities to ensure utilization, proper care, and maintenance is adhered to; report repairs needed promptly to camp director.
- Help the campers with daily self-maintenance tasks and taking care of personal belongings.
- Follow, model and uphold all safety and security rules, general camp procedures and practices including sanitation, schedule, and sportsmanship.
- Follow safety and security protocols when campers are in public while presenting a positive image of the camp.
- Assists with daily set-up and clean-up.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Program Curriculum and Delivery
- May assist in providing instruction for a variety of swimming classes for multiple ages (5 to 15 years old) and ability levels.
- As Needed:
- Help campers plan, carry out and evaluate unit group activity projects.
- Support other camp functions based on need (meal preparation, cleaning, administrative)
- Assist in the direction, supervision, and organization of campers during camp activities and throughout the camp to meet the intended camper outcomes.
- Communicate regularly in a positive and professional manner with campers and families.
- Participates in and leads camper engagement in camp activities.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other CDI employees and program families using principles of good customer service.
- Participate in all training activities that are provided by the camp that aids you in personal growth and skill development (including pre-camp orientation).