knowledge, skills and ability
- Working knowledge of state and federal affordable housing finance programs, including low income housing tax credits, private activity bonds, HOME, CDBG and other sources of financing. Special emphasis will be placed on affordable housing issues.
- Effective project management skills including task management, scheduling projects, utilizing appropriate resources, and follow-up documentation as needed.
- Organizational skills to ensure the deadlines established for tasks, projects, and schedules are met
- Budget and program analysis skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to communicate, both orally and in writing, in a positive, diplomatic and friendly manner to co-workers, subordinates and customers;
- Ability to effectively learn and utilize the software associated with the programs
- Ability to create and present public presentations on behalf of CHFA to key stakeholders, to CHFA’s Loan Committee, Board of Directors and external customers.
- Ability to demonstrate CHFA’s values to:
- continuously improve and develop knowledge and skills, while adapting quickly to changing circumstances and processes.
- work toward inclusion in all activities, and decisions through the solicitation and appreciation of diverse perspectives.
- exercise personal accountability in all activities and decisions.
- embrace a culture of operational excellence to ensure processes are continually evaluated and improved as necessary.
- operate with a sense of integrity.
- have fun with a demonstrated sense of humor.
- establish rapport with persons of diverse ethnic, racial, and cultural backgrounds is essential.
- Five years of previous work in community development or equivalent experience in the following:
- Marketing loan products or other programs utilizing creative and unique marketing skills
- Effective outreach and engagement with community members, leaders, government, housing and economic development agencies, and/or other community stakeholders
- Experience and knowledge of state, federal and local housing and economic development programs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Marketing, or related field
- Work experience must include a job history of progressively higher level positions within the field
- Must possess or be able to obtain a Colorado driver’s license
Telephone, personal computer, calculator, photocopier, Smartphone, vehicle.
The incumbent in this position will perform the essential functions of the position with 50% in an office environment, that may require sitting at a desk for long periods of time. There is an additional 50% travel within the State that is required, with approximately 30% for overnight travel.
how to apply
Please submit your resume online at www.chfainfo.com/careers
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform.
With respect to its programs, services, activities, and employment practices, Colorado Housing and Finance Authority assesses qualified individuals without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), age, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or other protected status. Requests for reasonable accommodation, or any complaints alleging violation of this nondiscrimination policy should be directed to the nondiscrimination coordinator, 1.800.877.2432, CHFA 1981 Blake street, Denver co 80202, available weekdays 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.