Since its beginning in 1946, TST has evolved into a vertically integrated producer, buyer, trader and processor of aluminum scrap and dross.
Today, TST is one of the major American producers of secondary aluminum ingot, billet and cast plate. TST is also a major distributor of primary aluminum foundry ingot, grain refiners and hardeners. Other services include worldwide trading of nonferrous scrap and other aluminum commodities.
We are currently seeking a HR Generalist located in Chino. If you want to be a part of our growing team, we want to hear from you.
The Human Resources Generalist partners with plant leadership to strategically and tactically address supervisory, management and employee needs. This role may support 2-3 locations. Working under the Human Resources Manager and with the HR team members, to actively contribute to programs and processes in the areas of employee relations, recruiting, performance management, onboarding and off boarding, organizational development, FMLA/CFRA leaves of absence, and compliance of all State/Federal laws and all government agency requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Model professional behavior that demonstrates the TST Core values in the areas of can-do attitude, passion, do the right thing, improvement, hard working/committed, professionalism, and teamwork.
- Guide leaders and employees regarding Company policies, core values, HR programs and interpretation.
- Conducts investigations of workplace policy violations and mediates difficult employee relations issues.
- Ensures activities are in compliance with all state and federal employment laws and regulations (FMLA, ADA, EEO and FLSA).
- Assists leadership in performance management and developing effective pipeline and succession plans.
- Fosters a positive, diverse and inclusive culture through education, communication and initiatives.
- Establishes recruiting requirements by studying plans and objectives and meeting with managers to discuss needs.
- Conducts recruitment effort for exempt and nonexempt personnel, students, and temporary employees.
- Plans/conducts new employee orientation and onboarding.
- Administers Internal Job Posting program in conjunction with the HR Manager and department managers.
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to drive continual improvement in efficiency of HR services.
- Prepares reports, data, input and analysis to measure HR performance.
- Effectively interprets FMLA and ADA implications; administers and tracks leaves of absence in accordance with state and federal leave laws.
- Conducts exit interviews and analyzes data and makes recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Maintain in depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of human resources to mitigate risk.
- Respond to benefit inquiries from managers and employees on plan provisions, benefit enrollments, status changes and other general inquiries.
- Responds to unemployment claims, disability claims, etc.
- Monitors completion of training schedules to ensure on time completion of training; ensures training records are complete and available to internal and external auditors.
- Assists with preparing and administering various training programs; administers “Job Certification” program at the site level.
- Coordinates and leads special projects within the department.
- Assists with coordination of company meetings and events.
- Performs other duties as assigned by HR Manager
- Vacation / Sick Pay
- Medical / Dental/ Vision
- 401K / Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Employee Wellness Program
- Employee of the Month Recognition
- Company Open House
- Employee luncheons
- Company Picnic
- Employee Engagement Programs: Employee of the Month, Years of Service and Employee of the Year