Research Associate II – Job ID# 08292023
Are you looking for a new role running experiments at the bench alongside fantastic colleagues? Integral Molecular is a close-knit, medium-sized company composed of smart, curious scientists who take an active interest in promoting the learning and development of our team. Based in Philadelphia, we are focused on developing and applying innovative technologies that advance vaccine and antibody therapeutics targeting difficult proteins.
We are searching for a highly motivated Research Associate II to join our MPS Antibody Discovery team. You’ll be part of a collaborative, dynamic team focused on discovering antibodies for treating various diseases and developing novel technologies in antibody discovery. Your role will involve isolating, enriching and identifying antibodies with therapeutic potential as an individual contributor and a valued team member.
A desirable candidate will have a background in immunology, cell and/or molecular biology with the skills to make antibody libraries and complete cell transfections. Prior knowledge of working with antibody sequences and familiarity with high-throughput automation systems is a plus!
As an early career scientist, this position offers you:
- Technical and scientific development leading to professional advancement or graduate school
- Opportunity to use automated liquid handling robots to implement high-throughput assays
- Development of report writing and presentation skills
- Collaboration and mentorship from senior scientists
What you will do at Integral Molecular:
- Perform assigned tasks in the lab, including but not limited to isolating RNA from chicken samples, PCR and transient transfections on chicken and human cells
- Generate antibody libraries using magnetic beads, lipoparticles, and cells
- Screen antibody libraries using flow cytometry and ELISAs
- Follow SOPs to complete experiments and assays, including good record keeping
- Independently plan a daily schedule, which may include balancing multiple projects simultaneously
- Present data at team and company-wide meetings
The ideal candidate will have:
- BS/BA or MS in biology, biochemistry, or a related field
- 2-5 years of laboratory experience at the bench
- Detail-oriented and focused
- Strong background in immunology, cell, and/or molecular biology
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manager and organize activities and data
- Ability to track and analyze large datasets