POSSESSION OF OR ABILITY TO OBTAIN THE FOLLOWING LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
• Valid unrestricted Colorado Driver’s License or Colorado Identification Card
• CPR Certification
• Demonstrate knowledge of computer terminal procedures for both Colorado Crime Information Computer (CCIC) and National Crime Information Computer (NCIC).
• Demonstrate knowledge of basic computer software applications and basic computer hardware components.
• Demonstrate knowledge of Police and Fire Department organization, operations, and personnel to include city government structure and council members (city and county) during disasters and high-profile events.
• Maintain geographic knowledge of all law enforcement and fire agencies, businesses, and jurisdictional changes within each jurisdiction.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Type accurately and at a speed necessary for successful job performance.
• Multitask on a consistent basis.
• Proficient with personal computers and windows-based applications.
• Utilize a headset for phones/radio and accurately hear what is going on in a busy communication environment.
• Use clear speech and effectively communicate under pressure and unusual circumstances.
• Recognize personal strengths and weaknesses and target areas for personal self-development.
• Demonstrate initiative in performing job tasks.
• Exhibit problem-solving skills leading to sound judgment and quality decisions.
• Achieve goals, handle assigned workload and new assignments effectively; demonstrate an ability to work independently.
• Communicate effectively with individuals and groups using clear and concise verbal and written communications.
• Demonstrate accountability for work and take ownership in job performance.
• Demonstrate accuracy and quality of work; take steps to correct mistakes and improve the overall work product.
• Effectively mitigate a high volume of calls and radio traffic at any given time.
• Understand and follow written and oral instructions, communicate clearly, concisely, and effectively in normal, stressful and/or emergency situations; orally, in writing and via radio systems in a clear voice.
• Establish and maintain control over situations as they develop and act quickly and calmly during an emergency situation making quick, reasonable, and effective decisions.
• Deal tactfully and courteously with the general public, and at times abusive, antagonistic, and argumentative callers; establish and maintain effective working relationships with superiors, public safety personnel and the public.
• Remains calm and controlled under stressful situations.
• Able to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
• Interpersonal skills – Applies emotional intelligence skills, understanding, friendliness, courtesy, tact, empathy, cooperation, concern, and politeness to others and relates well to different people from varied backgrounds and in different situations.
• Effectively and efficiently interview people in a state of crisis via telephone or Teletype Device for the Deaf (TDD).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• Must be able to work in the United States with proper documentation.
• Minimum of 18 years of age or older.
• Must possess a current active Colorado Driver’s license
• Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
• Successful candidate must submit to post-offer, pre-employment physical examination and medical history check, if required.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
• Work various shifts including nights, weekends and holidays as assigned in a 24/7 work environment.
• Constant sitting to perform daily tasks for extended periods of time, occasionally walking through a multi-level facility to perform daily tasks, frequent standing sometimes for extended periods.
• Frequent squatting, reaching above the shoulders and twisting to file documents, supplies and material; occasional bending, kneeling, climbing, balancing, and reaching below shoulder to store documents, material, and supplies.
• Constant light grasp, fine manipulation, and handling to perform daily duties; occasional firm grasp to safely use equipment.
• Utilizing computer keyboard and mouse to perform functions requiring repetitive hand movements.
• Frequent lifting, carrying, pushing/pulling of up to 25 pounds to move equipment, materials, and supplies.
• Eye/hand/foot coordination – performing work by using two or more of these tasks.
• Ability to adjust vision to bring objects into focus, see clearly at 20 foot or more/20 inches or less and distinguish and identify different colors.
• Ability to hear and perceive the nature of sounds by ear.