For 75 years, Paralyzed Veterans of America has changed lives and helped to create brighter futures for our injured heroes. We are one of the leading advocates for paralyzed veterans and all people living with disabilities, and one of the main voices behind some of this country’s greatest legislation, like Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). PVA has a proven track record of helping members and veterans to access and secure benefits they have earned and deserve – securing billions of dollars over the years – and we work tirelessly to help our veterans to maximize their independence.
PVA is one of the 100 largest U.S. Charities (ranked by Forbes), named Nonprofit of the Year by DMA Nonprofit Foundation, voted Top 5 Most Impactful Veteran Charities by Impact Matters in 2020, and was voted as the “Brand of The Year” within the Military & Veteran Serving Nonprofit category of the 2018 Harris Poll EquiTrend study.
Summary of Position:
The Associate Director of Digital Marketing drives the strategic vision for the digital landscape of Paralyzed Veterans of America. The AD manages complex integrated strategies in collaboration with the digital marketing agency, web and internal Communications team to deliver on their primary business goals including: driving fundraising revenues thru all digital channels, amplifying brand awareness, and increasing donor/member engagement levels.
In addition, the position will work closely with internal program stakeholders to deliver member and advocate audience focused content through PVA digital channels.
- Lead and develop the internal digital marketing team including Digital Marketing Manager and Web Developer. Intake and distribute internal digital requests, manage workloads, facilitate on-going training of new systems and processes.
- Collaborate closely with the public relations and storytelling team to deliver timely, relevant, and engaging content tailored for our varied audience groups including executive leadership, donors, PVA members, government entities and beyond.
- Leads the implementation and post-launch day to day management of Salesforce eCRM and Marketing Cloud as an administrative super user. Facilitates all future training for new team members.
- Serves as key point of contact for external digital agencies and vendors, directing on vision, media budgets, revenue goals. Closely monitors project timelines and holds agency accountable to deadlines, creative/brand standards, and all other deliverables.
- Reviews all digital creative and copy developed internally and by agencies prior to flight. Ensures brand adherence, optimizations appropriate per digital channel, engagement, tailored per target audience, and general best communication practices.
- With the Digital Marketing Manager, owns Paralyzed Veterans of America’s website, PVA.org. Constantly monitors functionality, ensures certificate renewals, proactively refreshes content, and regularly performs testing and reviews reporting to optimize for search engines.
- Responsible for developing and meeting digital marketing fundraising revenues thru social, email, display and search channels. Monitors internal and agency spends and diligently tracks revenue pacing.
- Proactively acts as an agent of change; working with program stakeholders to build a shared vision, strengthen collaboration, and focuses all digital communication efforts behind strengthening the PVA brand.
- Stay current in digital technology, competitor and general marketing trends, to ensure the development of a digital strategy and roadmap that drives continuous innovation and improvement.
Desired Skills, Abilities, Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years direct experience managing website content.
- Minimum of 4 years total in a supervisory role in at least Email Marketing or Paid Search.
- Minimum of 2 years Salesforce experience required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience managing a digital marketing budget.
- Ability to distill and analyze raw data into meaningful reporting to inform large business decisions.
- Proficient knowledge of SEO best practices, HTML/CSS, and Google Suite (Analytics, Optimize, Tag Manager) is required.
- Project management experience including system migrations and implementations a plus.
- Working knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator preferred; motion graphic production experience a plus.
- Microsoft Office skills required: specifically, Word and Excel.
- Some travel may be required.
PVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.