At Walton Arts Center/Walmart AMP, we strive to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing the best entertainment to our audiences in Northwest Arkansas, and we know our organization runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
Our organizations’ dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is clearly reflected in our values: Relevance; Inclusivity; Sustainability; Excellence. Diversity is a commitment at Walton Arts Center/Walmart AMP. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.
The position of Events Coordinator is primarily responsible for onsite execution of logistical details for internal events, special events, or client rental events as directed by the Director of Events. Additionally, the Events Coordinator will manage a variety of administrative tasks necessary for the effective management of the Events department workflow and the overall organization-wide calendar.
Principal Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Coordinate & execute a large variety of Events at the Walmart AMP and Walton Arts Center
- Manage and upkeep Events Team inventory for both facilities (linens, signs, décor, etc.)
- Coordinate Event vendor needs, payments, and communication with necessary managing parties
- Plan, design, and execute internal WAC/AMP staff meetings and celebrations
- Assist Director of Events on miscellaneous tasks as needed
- Download, upload, and maintain Event documents in VenueOps and shared drives
- Execute documents and reports in a timely fashion to keep all departments updated on Event details
- Maintain Events Department calendar, schedule meetings and client walkthrough’s
- Represent Walton Arts Center / Walmart AMP at both on and off-site events, as requested
- Maintain collaborative and professional working relationships with teammates, fellow staff members from other departments, vendors, patrons, clients, and tenants of leased spaces
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor for which the employee is qualified and physically able to perform with reasonable accommodations