Champions Oncology provides an end-to-end range of oncology research and development solutions and services that improve the productivity of drug development. As a growing Contract Research Organization (CRO), our work environment is fast-paced, challenging and ever adapting to meet the needs and timelines of our pharmaceutical-clients. Our team is passionate and self-motivated working together to accelerate the challenges of oncology drug development and ultimately improve patients’ lives around the world.
Job classification and location: Full-time, hourly (non-exempt) in Rockville, MD.
The Vivarium Operation Technician will support in vivo oncology studies in mice. Additional duties and responsibilities include:
- Provide animal care including handling, receipt and husbandry procedures
- Provide animal care including feeding and watering with food and water consumption monitoring
- Conduct animal observation for general health and overall well-being
- Clean equipment, rooms and facility according to a schedule devised by senior personnel; including floor sweeping and washing, cage washing and sterilization, and waste removal
- Document and initial required information in relevant room and log books
- Material and supply distribution and waste handling
- Record data using laboratory information management systems
- Work weekends and holidays on rotating basis
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Education: BS degree in biology, pharmacology, or related field, or minimum or 1 year of related experience (preferred)
- Experience in contract research animal facility or industry setting (preferred)
- Understanding of animal welfare and clinical testing regulations and standards (e.g. AAALAC, CLIA) and AALAS certification (preferred)
- Computer, written, and verbal communication skills are required
- Ability to work effectively and productively in a team-oriented environment while maintaining a strong sense of accountability, integrity and confidentiality.
- Ability to follow directions and upper management instructions.
- Creative problem-solving skills and the ability to exercise sound and accurate judgment in making timely decisions.
Physical demands and work environment
- Must be able to use hands to finger, handle and feel.
- Must be able to lift and move packages weighing up to 50 pounds.
- All activities require repetitive motion and reaching, pulling or pushing.
- In carrying out the duties of the job there will be frequent exposure to fumes and chemical hazards.
- Duties performed routinely require exposure to blood, body fluid and tissue.
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Champions Oncology is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.