We are looking for a Senior Risk Engineer to join our Technical Services team for the purpose of providing direct support to the CAC Group, Property Risk Engineering. Your expertise in the HPR and Middle Market property segments will be used to work in parallel with our team of producers and account executives to drive business opportunities and support client retention. While this role is geared towards being a technical advisor, it is also to serve as a resource for business development and supporting efforts made towards identifying and placing capacity in the markets.
Close interaction with our clients will be a key function to your role as you either coach them towards recognizing unforeseen exposures or helping them navigate advice provided by their carrier.
As a central point of contact for risk engineering activities, your role is to either communicate client needs to the carrier or fully define a service strategy in the case where you will be managing field service work. This role is more so Account Engineering than conducting field work, however attending or occasionally conducting an onsite visit is a possibility as well. Our clients will lean on you for insight to best risk engineering practices, program development, prioritizing risk improvement advice as it relates to underwriting impact as well as mitigating business interruption potential.
As a member of our Technical Services team, you will be one of our experts in this dedicated core industry. This will allow you to contribute to various projects and papers involving best practices, guidelines, technology, and industry updates.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Directly support the CAC Group, with verticals to both CAC Specialty and Cobbs Allen property teams.
- Conduct account reviews and develop supporting information for business acquisition
- Assist the account team with preparing renewal information and participating in renewal activities
- Participate in sales and marketing efforts
- Attend relevant professional group conferences
- Develop and coordinate full-service risk engineering programs for clients
- Collaborate with carrier risk engineering teams
- Assist clients with navigating, understanding and prioritizing risk improvement advice
- Develop and establish loss prevention management program for clients
- Assist clients in identifying areas for physical and programmatic improvement
- Stay involved with and identify exposures with major client physical property, fire protection, and machinery breakdown related projects
- Occasionally conduct onsite risk assessments, prepare full market reports
- Develop loss estimates (MFL/PML) on site specific and/or portfolio basis for insurance program designs.
- Stay informed on relevant and technical information in the various applicable industries
- Establish and maintain a good business relationship with clients, insurance carriers, and CAC Group colleagues
- Analyze and develop Natural Catastrophe modelling and reporting
- Liaise with our claims team to develop loss lessons and technical claims data
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology or equivalent is required
- 7+ years’ risk engineering experience in Complex/HPR property insurance is required
- Strong background in process safety and human element management programs
- Knowledge and application of National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Standards
- Ability to travel (+/- 20%)
- Business sense and flexibility, self-managed, entrepreneurial attitude
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products and comfortable adapting to other digital platforms
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Professional in appearance and business conduct
- Client centricity driven
- Strong multitasking & time management skills
CAH Holdings, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.