To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of cover and curtain fabrication methods and fabric characteristics
- Knowledge of corporate production and inventory control system
- Knowledge of OSHA rules and regulations
- Knowledge of corporate policies and procedures related to supervising employees
- Ability to coordinate complex activities
- Thorough knowledge of all equipment and processes used in fabric production
- Ability to operate all equipment and machines
- Ability to respond to complex demands
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be forklift certified through company related training if needed
- Ability to operate material handling equipment including forklifts, pallet jacks, banders, hoists and lifting equipment
- Ability to read and follow written and verbal instructions
- Computer experience required
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Knowledge of corporate production and inventory control systems
- Skilled at interpersonal communication including conflict resolution
- Skilled at problems solving and organizational skills
- Skilled at interpreting and reading blueprints and engineering specifications
- Skilled at planning and organizing activities
- Must have thorough knowledge of entire department
- Must work with minimal supervision
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Associates Degree or a bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred. Two years of experience preferred.
- Integrity/Honesty: Behaves in an honest, fair, and ethical manner. Shows consistency in words and action. Models high standards of ethics.
- Interpersonal Skills: Treats others with courtesy, sensitivity, and respect. Considers and responds appropriately to the needs and feeling of different people in different situations.
- Oral Communication: Makes clear and convincing oral presentations. Listen effectively; clarifies information as needed. Voices opinions in a constructive and professional manner.
- Listening: Understands and learns from what others say.
- Flexibility: Is open to change and new information.
- Accountability & Dependability: Takes responsibility for all work activities and personal actions; follows through on commitments; implements decisions that have been agreed upon; maintains confidentiality with sensitive information; acknowledges and learns from mistakes without blaming others.
- Adaptability: Responds to changing circumstances by being innovative and altering behavior to better fit different situations; consistently exhibits optimism and energy; learns new skills, performs work in different ways.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Must have excellent measuring skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. In addition to the lifting the job requires various carrying, pushing/pulling, kneeling, crawling, and squatting.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The job is required to be performed inside mostly however this person may be outdoors exposed to all sort of weather elements including hot, humid, dry dusty and cold conditions both inside and outside. Noise level is moderate for this position. ,