Title: Bike Builder I
Reports To: Bike Build Supervisor
Hours Required: Full-time, Non-Exempt, Alternative Work Week (4 10 hour shifts/week)
Department: Bike Build
Jenson USA is an e-commerce cycling retail business. Our purpose is to inspire people to Ride, Experience, and Explore.
We bring our culture to life through our values.
We are focused on a vision to grow beyond our limitations.
Jenson USAs Bike Builders are cycling enthusiasts with prior experience in assembling and tuning complete bikes while maintaining a high level of productivity and quality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Build, tune and prepare bikes for shipping.
- Support the development of new procedures and processes related to bike builds
- Help support picking, packing, down stocking, manifesting, kitting and warehouse special projects when needed
- Promote a clean, efficient and organized work environment by maintaining bike build area, tool inventory, and packaging supplies
- Demonstrate teamwork to achieve common goals for all Jenson USA departments
- Meet or exceeds daily productivity standards
- Quality Check all bikes before shipping
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bicycle knowledge and expertise to perform repairs on modern, high-end bicycles including suspension, hydraulic disc brakes, and electronic shifting
- PC and Microsoft Office savvy
- Ability to work an 8-hour shift standing up
- Ability to lift/move 30-70 lbs. regularly throughout shift
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Willing to invest in personal growth through on-the-job training and education
- Energetic, enthusiastic, positive attitude
- Bicycle mechanic trade school or bike shop experience is a plus
- Prior warehouse experience a plus
- Adaptability - Demonstrates flexibility with change.
- Organization Effectively manages time and the workspace. Balances conflicting priorities to manage workflow, ensure completion of essential projects and meets critical deadlines.
- Proactive Anticipation of Needs Addresses problems and acts to prevent them. Utilizes analytical skills and broad understanding of the business to effectively interpret needs.
- Communication Listens to understand the needs; speaks with confidence using clear and concise language, produces well thought-out professional correspondence that is free from grammatical and spelling errors.
- Service Oriented Interacts professionally with leaders, clients, vendors and team members. Promptly responds to requests with accuracy and a courteous demeanor.
- Team Player Works as a competent member of the team, willing to provide back-up support for others.
- Computer/Technical Ability Is proficient in using standard office equipment. Demonstrates advanced proficiency by adapting to new technology and easily acquiring new technical skills.
- Judgement Exhibits sound judgement and the ability to make reasonable decisions in the absence of direction. Swiftly refers problems/issues to the appropriate person when necessary.
- Initiative Works effectively while asking for direction when needed.
We offer a variety of benefits and perks for full-time employees, including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 3 Weeks of Paid Time Off
- 7 Paid Holidays
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Matching
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Employee Purchase Discount Program
- Professional Growth & Development Opportunities
Jenson USA is proud to operate as a drug-free workplace. All new hires must complete a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Jenson USA is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.