The role of the Green House Lead is designated to give day to day support and direction to the Production Assistants in the operation of the greenhouse. The GH Lead reports directly to the GH Supervisor.
Prior experience in the natural and organic food industry a plus but not required. This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and organized individual to assume a position at a rapidly growing, innovative, disruptive company in the 21st century food system.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Monitor daily seeding and ensure all seeding and watering in is completed on schedule
- Monitor and direct all transplanting/seeding activities according to schedule
- Assist with daily AM walk-through/water meter/stock tank readings
- Help to ensure efficient work flow throughout the day
- Assist with carrying out fertilizer and acid mixing duties
- Help with training new employees
- Responsible for daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly GFSI logs and recordkeeping
- Provide support on weekends as needed for walkthroughs and other support
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Supervise and maintain Food safety logs records up to date and accurate
- Supervise and enforce Food safety procedures (GAP & GMP)
- Covers for GH Supervisor when off or on vacation
- This position will require weekend work and off hour calls during times of emergency.
WHO YOU ARE
- Leads by example with a can do attitude
- Laser focused attention to detail
- Great multitasking abilities
- Desire to grow and learn food safety rules and regulations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand for a full 8 hour shift.
- A willingness and desire to assist in unrelated and/or unassigned tasks to ensure the effective operation of the GH and PH.
- Must be a problem solver and be capable of identifying areas of efficiencies.
- Working knowledge or willingness to learn of MS applications, Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Reliable and highly motivated with a creative flair and lively personality
- Passionate commitment to the company vision
- Appreciation to principles of sustainable agriculture and food
WHO WE ARE
Gotham Greens is on a mission to transform how and where fresh produce is grown. We are a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce and food company. Through our national network of local high-tech farms, Gotham Greens delivers fresh, long-lasting, and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings and pesto dip all year round to retail, restaurant, and foodservice customers.
Today, Gotham Greens has 9 locations with 600,000+ sq. ft. of hydroponic greenhouses across six U.S. states and over 400 team members. Since its launch in 2011, Gotham Greens has grown from a single urban rooftop greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., to a multi-state greenhouse operator and one of the largest hydroponic leafy green producers in North America.