The Fund for Public Health in New York City, (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
Equitable Health Systems (BEHS) is a bureau within the Center for Health Equity and Community Wellness (CHECW), a division at the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene. The CHECW aims to eliminate racial inequities resulting in premature mortality with a focus on chronic disease, by addressing the social and environmental factors that impact health.
The bureau engages primary care providers and other healthcare organizations to implement evidence-based strategies; leverages information to support planning and technical assistance for providers and payers; advances policy to close the racial equity gap for priority health outcomes; and surfaces opportunities where health care can influence and connect consumers to social support and addressing the whole person, beyond physical ailments. BEHS operates the New York City Regional Electronic Adoption Center for Health (NYC REACH) by assisting New York City providers through quality improvement and other support services. To find out more about this ground-breaking project visit us at www.nycreach.org.
In collaboration with FPHNYC, BEHS is seeking an External Relations Coordinator to serve as an initial point of contact to inform and educate NYC healthcare providers about a wide range of healthcare transformation programs and additional services NYC REACH offers. This position reports to the Event Manager.
- Educate community providers about NYC REACH and ongoing healthcare transformation programs
- Assist in creating and disseminating outreach materials to recruit providers to join the NYC REACH network and participate in a variety of programs, such as developing marketing materials and FAQ documents, and disseminating NYC REACH membership contracts
- Work closely with the Communications and External Relations team and NYC REACH field teams to help reach healthcare providers and partners (health systems, medical societies, payers, etc.) to implement outreach strategies
- Support the execution of NYC REACH webinars, events, and trainings (e.g., develop and edit presentations; assist with on-site and virtual event logistics)
- Collect and process NYC REACH membership enrollment paperwork through Salesforce Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software
- Conduct phone calls and email outreach to recruit practices for NYC REACH programs and initiatives
- Assist in correspondence management of all inquiries received in BEHSs public communication channels and route requests, comments, and issues to the appropriate resource.