To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education/Experience: The ideal candidate will offer:
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Business, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Biology, Applied Science, or a Related Field
- Purchase to Pay knowledge and experience preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in Procurement.
- Experience in pharmaceutical or biotechnology field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, etc.
- Ability to analyze data and make sound judgement based on findings.
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
- Strong influencing skills, initiating and building relationships
- Knowledge of Clinical Operations procurement, project management, and experience as a Procurement Clerk or Junior Buyer
- Ability to prioritize task own your own or with little feedback and direction
- Proficient at managing multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
This is a high growth, fast paced small organization. The ability to be productive and successful in an intense work environment is critical. Well lit, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation. Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally on occasion is required, it is anticipated that this will be less than 20% of work time.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature. Including but not limited to: Sitting for greater than 75% of your time, standing and walking for up to 25% of your time. Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with the fingers. Use of hands to fingers for typing and other computer activity for up to 75% of your time. Reaching with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl less than 25% of your time. Ability to lift, up to 25lbs, less than 25% of the time.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.