Champions Oncology provides an end-to-end range of oncology research and development solutions and services that improve the productivity of drug development. As a growing Contract Research Organization (CRO), our work environment is fast-paced, challenging and ever adapting to meet the needs and timelines of our pharmaceutical-clients. Our team is passionate and self-motivated working together to accelerate the challenges of oncology drug development and ultimately improve patients’ lives around the world.
Job classification and location: Full-time, hourly (non-exempt) in Rockville, MD.
As a Research Technician in Necropsy you will support the in vivo oncology studies in mice as well as properly euthanize animals in accordance to the company standards and regulations. Additional responsibilities include,
- Allocate animals to study
- Assist with gross necropsies (dissection, tissue trimming/collection/preservation, sample collection)
- Perform preparation activities, including container and tube labeling and room set-up
- Collect, process and maintain blood and tissue samples
- Use appropriate anatomic terms and descriptors for lesions
- Assist with the tracking and shipment of samples to sponsors and diagnostic laboratories
- Conduct and record data in compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Read study protocols and extract pertinent information
- Record data using laboratory information management systems
- Work weekends and holidays on rotating basis
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Education: BS degree in biology, pharmacology, or related field, or minimum or 1 year of related experience
- Experience in contract research animal facility or industry setting (preferred)
- Understanding of animal welfare and clinical testing regulations and standards (e.g. AAALAC, CLIA). AALAS certification (plus)
- Experience with preclinical in vivo pharmacology or oncology studies in mice
- Technical in vivo and data analysis skills
- Ability to work effectively and productively in a team-oriented environment while maintaining a strong sense of accountability, integrity and confidentiality.
- Creative problem-solving skills and the ability to exercise sound and accurate judgment in making timely decisions.
- Superior planning, organizational, computer, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to follow directions and upper management instructions.
- Ability to observe safety and security procedures
Physical demands and work environment
- Must be able to sit and use hands to finger, handle and feel
- Must be able to lift and move packages weighing up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time using a computer in a typical office environment in a multi-level facility
- Some activities require repetitive motion and reaching, pulling or pushing
- In carrying out the duties of the job there will be frequent exposure to fumes and chemical hazards
- Duties performed routinely require exposure to blood, body fluid and tissue
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Champions Oncology is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.