Champions Oncology provides an end-to-end range of oncology research and development solutions and services that improve the productivity of drug development. As a growing Contract Research Organization (CRO), our work environment is fast-paced, challenging and ever adapting to meet the needs and timelines of our pharmaceutical-clients. Our team is passionate and self-motivated working together to accelerate the challenges of oncology drug development and ultimately improve patients’ lives around the world.
Job classification and location: Full-time, hourly (non-exempt) in Rockville, MD.
As the Research Technician in Cell Culture, your main responsibility is to assist with inventory and culturing of human and mouse cancer cell lines for cell line xenograft studies. Additional duties and responsibilities include:
- Produce, maintain, and characterize cultured cells, as directed
- Work with automated cell counters
- Assist with identifying and proposing procedural changes to improve process performance, productivity, and efficiency
- Performs related general duties such as inventorying supplies and reagents, general lab housekeeping, and maintaining safety records
- Operates and maintains laboratory equipment
- Collaborates within department and cross-functionally to meet set objectives
- Maintain accurate and detailed records using laboratory information management systems and Microsoft Office suite programs
- Work weekends and holidays on rotating basis
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Education: BS degree in biology, chemistry or life science related field and up to 2 years of relevant laboratory experience
- Proficient with laboratory-related arithmetic
- Experience in contract research animal facility or industry setting is preferred
- Experience preparing reagents and dilutions
- Ability to work effectively and productively in a team-oriented environment while maintaining a strong sense of accountability, integrity and confidentiality
- Creative problem-solving skills and the ability to exercise sound and accurate judgment in making timely decisions
- Good planning, organizational, computer, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to follow directions and upper management instructions.
- Ability to work flexible hours
Physical demands and work environment
- Must be able to sit and use hands to finger, handle and feel
- Must be able to lift and move packages weighing up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time using a computer in a typical office environment in a multi-level facility
- Some activities require repetitive motion and reaching, pulling or pushing
- In carrying out the duties of the job there will be frequent exposure to fumes and chemical hazards
- Duties performed routinely require exposure to blood, body fluid and tissue
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Champions Oncology is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.