Sacred Heart of Jesus Catholic School located in Boulder, CO is looking for a principal beginning with the 2021/22 academic year. Established in 1900, Sacred Heart of Jesus is Boulder’s oldest private Catholic school and one of the most-enduring educational institutions in the area. During the 2020/21 academic year, Sacred Heart of Jesus is providing in-person learning to 206 students in preschool through 8th grade. Students come from a variety of backgrounds; 29% Latino, 79% Catholic. It’s a F-A-C-T: Sacred Heart of Jesus Catholic School has it all…Faith, Academics, Character and Tradition all in the heart of Boulder. To learn more about Sacred Heart of Jesus Catholic School, please visit Sacred Heart of Jesus.
Our school Principal is a disciple on mission to spread the Good News. Our principal will create an "apostolic-friendly" environment within the educational community that will encourage discipleship and creative missionary initiative in the school.
As the leader of the school, our principal plays a critical role in safeguarding and promoting the aim of the school, which is to lead students to encounter and grow as students of Jesus Christ. Our principal will direct the school's activity, learning, teaching, culture, and formation towards that aim.
Our vision for our Principal encompasses four dimensions of transformational missionary Catholic school leadership as applied to all members of our community – teachers and staff, students, and parents:
- Lead Disciple and Missionary: Through their own joyful discipleship and strategic initiatives, our principal will create opportunities for the formation of all members of our community.
- Lead Learner: Leading by example and building teacher capacity, our principal will promote personal and communal intellectual development that is interwoven with the Catholic worldview.
- Builder of School Culture: Our principal will foster a joyful and vibrant Catholic community that is supported by systems aligned with our school’s mission, vision, and values.
- Effective Christo-Centric Executive Manager: Our principal must possess an astute business acumen and love the administrative parts of this position, including planning and managing the school’s finances, human resources, facilities, and enrollment.
We seek a principal whose vision will lead us to the refinement and fulfillment of our school’s vision:
SHJS’s vision: SHJS will be the Heart of Boulder and serve as a light on the hilltop through
- The most enlightened, rigorous, and relevant learning environment.
- A dynamic and integrated community that is actively engaged with the school.
- A confident, virtue-based student body, excited to enter into the mission to which God has called them.
Teachers, staff, parents, students, parishioners, and foundation donors contribute to the success of SHJS. Our principal will develop valuable relationships within the community that supports our school. Our principal will seek to understand the unique gifts that God has given of each group and identify ways to leverage them to deliver on God’s unique vision for our school.
We want our principal to continue the development of inclusive environments that honor and support diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and abilities. We host international students regularly, and because our Hispanic population is growing, verbal and written proficiency in Spanish is desirable.