Champions Oncology provides an end-to-end range of oncology research and development solutions and services that improve the productivity of drug development. As a growing Contract Research Organization (CRO), our work environment is fast-paced, challenging and ever adapting to meet the needs and timelines of our pharmaceutical-clients. Our team is passionate and self-motivated working together to accelerate the challenges of oncology drug development and ultimately improve patients’ lives around the world.
Job classification and location: Full-time, hourly (non-exempt) in Rockville, MD.
As a Research Technician in Study Services, you will support in vivo oncology studies in mice. Additional duties and responsibilities include:
- Perform in-life technical procedures, handle, restrain, and provide care for all animals
- Observe animals for general health and overall well-being
- Administer therapeutic agents by various routes
- Provide animal welfare assessments, including body weight and tumor volume measurement
- Allocate animals to study and non-study groups
- Provide preoperative animal care
- Euthanize animals as directed in study protocols and directives
- Read study protocols and extract pertinent information
- Perform study preparation activities including collection tube labeling and room/BSC set-up
- Record data using laboratory information management systems
- Work weekends and holidays on rotating basis
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Education: BS/MS degree in biology, pharmacology, or related field, or minimum of 1 year of related experience
- Experience in contract research animal facility or industry setting is preferred
- AALAS certification preferred
- Experience with preclinical in vivo pharmacology or oncology studies in mice
- Technical in vivo and data analysis skills
- Ability to work effectively and productively in a team-oriented environment while maintaining a strong sense of accountability, integrity and confidentiality.
- Creative problem-solving skills and the ability to exercise sound and accurate judgment in making timely decisions.
- Good planning, organizational, computer, written, and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of animal welfare and clinical testing regulations and standards (e.g. AAALAC, CLIA)
- Ability to follow directions and upper management instructions.
- Ability to work flexible hours
Physical demands and work environment
- Must be able to sit and use hands to finger, handle and feel
- Must be able to lift and move packages weighing up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- All activities require repetitive motion and reaching, pulling or pushing
- In carrying out the duties of the job there will be frequent exposure to fumes and chemical hazards
- Duties performed routinely require exposure to blood, body fluid and tissue
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Champions Oncology is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.