We are looking for a Parts/Warehouse Associate to join our team in Salt Lake City, UT. If you are looking for stable and fulfilling employment, don't miss this opportunity to join our team. We pride ourselves on providing first-class products along with excellent customer service. Owen Equipment Company is the Vactor and Elgin dealer in northern California, Oregon, Washington, and Utah selling and servicing premier brands of municipal maintenance equipment.
Visit our website for an overview of our company.
- Implement and maintain inventory control system procedures and provide accurate and timely data of inventory levels ensuring efficient and effective inventory management procedures are in place.
- Ensure compliance with all pertinent company and regulatory standards and procedures.
- Facilitate inventory shortage detection processes ensuring discrepancies are identified, corrected, and prevented.
- Maintain and update inventory purchasing, shipping, and other applicable records in our POS System. Reconcile inventory to book records and record the appropriate adjustments as needed for discrepancies.
- Identify and recommend process and program improvements, as well as cost-saving opportunities, and report areas of concern regarding issues with inventory control to the Parts Manager as appropriate.
- Supervise inventory quality and accuracy assurance programs, including weekly and monthly report tracking of product in stock, and coordinate cycle count inventory procedures.
- Develop appropriate reports and documentation to facilitate accurate inventory counts, including records of all audits, counts, and adjustments. Analyze inventory records and data reports to effectively manage inventory. Prepare reports such as inventory balances, price lists, shortage lists, lists of defective or damaged product, etc. for analysis and recommendations
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Standing and sitting for long periods of time – frequent
- Lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling of materials up to 50 lbs. – occasional
- Kneeling and crouching – occasional
- Typing and reading on a computer – frequent
- Communicating in person, by telephone and written correspondence – frequent
- Exposure to high levels of noise and/or forklift fumes from a warehouse - occasional
- 2 years of inventory control experience
- Knowledge of general warehouse terminology and procedures
- Basic knowledge of Windows-based computer systems and related software applications
- Basic math skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High school diploma
If you are a great team player with a strong work ethic and a great attitude, we want to meet with you! This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team with excellent growth opportunities for the future.
Top pay and full benefits package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, LTD, PTO, 401(k) with Match).