As a Compliance Officer within the Risk Management department, you will partner with an assigned business line or functional area to offer compliance risk advice and provide independent oversight to first line activities. Reporting to the SVP Director of Compliance, the individual in this role will have an excellent opportunity to expand their knowledge of compliance and other risk disciplines as an important team member supporting the bank’s enterprise risk management program evolution in line with the bank’s risk profile and strategic growth goals and objectives.
As a collaborative business line partner, you will work with other first line and second line employees to ensure compliance with federal and state laws and regulations, and bank policies and procedures. In this role you will work on various compliance risk management activities to ensure successful regulatory outcomes for the Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending, Bank Secrecy Act, and Home Mortgage Disclosure Act programs, coordinate risk assessments, recommend and provide training, conduct marketing reviews, and review and recommend changes to policies and procedures and other controls to overcome operational obstacles to compliance. The Compliance Officer also conducts independent testing, assists with audits and regulatory exams, provides input and support to governance activities, performs data analysis, and works with other risk management team members to develop department specific procedures.
A Compliance Officer's responsibilities include:
- Understand and comply with regulatory compliance, BSA, and consumer protection related laws and regulations.
- Collaborate and partner with assigned business line or functional area to address compliance risks and issues.
- Coordinate compliance and other risk assessment(s).
- Review and recommend control and program changes based on risk assessment results and changes to laws and regulations.
- Develop and perform independent testing according to standards and the annual plan.
- Review new activities against pertinent regulatory compliance and consumer protection requirements, and provide reports to management on associated risks and recommended risk mitigation techniques for the activity. Work with business line partners to implement and monitor the activity.
- Lead or coordinate regulatory change and other department projects.
- Coordinate and provide compliance training as needed to supplement the online learning management system.
- Recommend, and assist with coordination of department policy and procedure changes.
- Coordinate information and reports for committee meetings and other governance activities.
- Perform reviews of advertising and marketing related materials including social media.
- Assist with audits and regulatory examinations.
- Assist with issues management processes. Monitor and track to completion internal testing, audit and examination findings.
- Work with other risk management and bank team members on assigned projects.
- Attend continuing education events to remain abreast of industry trends, emerging risks and regulatory changes.