Support the Live Sciences Department to keep & maintain live aquatic habitats in an optimum condition through the use of SCUBA and snorkelling. This position will assist in the underwater maintenance of both fresh and salt water habitats, including vacuuming and scrubbing. Other duties include managing equipment, assisting with preparing food and being part of our Diver presentations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Undertake daily operations within the Life Sciences Department to ensure highest level of safety, courtesy, education, efficiency and operational readiness at all times.
- Educate, entertain and inspire guests throughout their Aquarium journey.
- Ensure dive programs engage, educate and entertain diverse audiences.
- Maintain positive representation to professional agencies, institutions and various committees.
- Compliance with health and safety standards in accordance with local municipality, state and federal rules and regulations.
- Ensure that all diving activities and all diving related equipment comply with state legislative requirements.
- Maintain up-to-date electronic records on animal health, water quality, system maintenance, system checks and stock reports.
- Compliance of all policy and procedure documents.
- Assist in emergency situations to minimize damage, loss or injury to guests, team members, animals or company property.
- In collaboration with Guest Experience Department and the Aquarium Foundation, ensure habitats and programs engage, educate and entertain diverse audiences.
- Work closely with the Aquarium Foundation to ensure volunteers and educators provide exemplary guest service and engagement.
- Perform daily dive requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.