The Membership Specialist performs all aspects of Membership, which includes front and back-office operations, screening and applying members for benefits, general scheduling, enrollment and registration, maintenance of member data in the electronic health record, and maintaining the general state of, and member flow through, the front lobby and immediate property.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs several front and back-office functions that are related to appointments, insurance verifications, collection of fees, and providing member training on use of Kiosks.
- Performs several customer service functions related to maintaining the lobby and front office areas and ensuring members receive a positive customer service experience while waiting.
- Performs several medical records functions related to the maintenance of members records and processing of requests for records.
- Performs several functions related to member benefits that ensure that members insurance information is current, they are eligible for the requested service, and assisting with the screening or application of state funded benefits.
- Performs several registration functions that ensure a members record is opened and ready for clinical services to begin and gathering pertinent information, releases, and identifications.
- Performs several telephonic, scheduling, and resource functions that ensure callers are routed to the appropriate contacts, messages are documented according to protocol, or providing general information regarding available resources within the community.
- Assisting in the quality management process by facilitating the dissemination of information aimed at collecting satisfaction data or issue resolution.
- Works collaboratively with all levels of staff to ensure effective Membership operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned in keeping with the growth and general responsibilities of the position.
Additional Essential Duties and Responsibilities Membership Technician
- Performs integrated healthcare assessment and annual updates.
- Assist and support members to follow through on prescribed medical interventions and diagnostic testing.
- Assesses and addresses barriers to health.
- Offers guidance and education related to members individual needs
- Connects members to resources within CODAC and the community to address identified health concerns.