Dimensional Innovations (DI) is a group of Designers, Makers and Innovators working together to create world-class experiences, places and products. Our Summer Internship Program is geared towards students entering their senior year of college, who have past, applicable internship experience. The Design Engineer Internship is an hourly (non-exempt), full-time opportunity that runs from June 6th, 2022 - August 5th, 2022. At DI, you will work on real client projects alongside some of the most creative and inventive professionals in the industry. You’ll also have some fun along the way! You will return to school with practical knowledge and experience that is sure to enhance your skill set and career goals.
- Working collaboratively with our Design, Production, Technology and Project Management teams to bring our experience design projects to life
- Assist the Engineering Team with reading, interpreting and preparing production and submittal drawings utilizing SolidWorks 3D Modeling software
- Participating in a variety of project meetings
- Performing at high levels in a fast paced, deadline-driven and ever-changing work environment
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge of materials, technology and fabrication techniques are a bonus but not required
- Previous internship in engineering or production is highly desirable
- An entrepreneurial spirit and desire to bring a fun, creative and energetic level of professionalism to the team
- Exude a “Go where needed” attitude and outlook on role
- Comfortable with failing while remaining positive
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to carry out instructions provided in written, oral or diagram form
- Ability to evaluate urgency of situation and prioritize tasks
- Organized with an attention to detail
- Preferred majors: Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Design, Engineering Technology or similar degree
- Minimum experience requirement: completion of junior year of college
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume to www.dimin.com/careers. Applications will close on January 31st, 2022. Having the Design Engineer Intern onsite in our Kansas City location is required.
Candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and hold a valid driver’s license. Dimensional Innovations is an Equal Opportunity Employer and depends on diversity of ideas, skills and perspectives to solve the world's toughest creative challenges, encouraging and amplifying every voice so we can create remarkable experiences for all.