Champions Oncology provides an end-to-end range of oncology research and development solutions and services that improve the productivity of drug development. As a growing Contract Research Organization (CRO), our work environment is fast-paced, challenging and ever adapting to meet the needs and timelines of our pharmaceutical-clients. Our team is passionate and self-motivated working together to accelerate the challenges of oncology drug development and ultimately improve patients’ lives around the world.
Job classification and location: Full-time, salary (exempt) in Rockville, MD.
To perform laboratory tasks in support of flow cytometry assay development for R&D team. Duties and responsibilities are:
- Preparation and handling of primary specimens, including peripheral blood, tumors and other biospecimens.
- Isolation of PBMC by density gradient separation
- Sample preparation (murine or human tissues/cells) for Flow Cytometry and Immunostaining or other assays
- Isolation of cell populations with magnetic beads
- Assists with ex vivo and in vitro assays with endpoints (e.g. ELISA, cytotoxicity, cytokine profiling)
- Cell culture experience with cell lines and/or primary cells
- Troubleshoot, optimize, and develop methods for unmet experimental needs
- Maintain laboratory records and notebook, organize and compile data, and write weekly reports on results
- Assist with other tasks/duties/projects as needed
Qualifications and Skills
- BS/MS degree required. Preferred field of study in biology, immunology or related sciences with 1-2 years of relevant laboratory experience (required)
- Experience in flow cytometry sample preparation and/or acquisition is required.
- Expertise in asceptic techniques for handling primary human cells and for Mammalian Cell Culture
- Proficiency with processing primary tissues and other samples samples for single cell analysis
- Proficiency in Immunostaining and Flow Cytometry.
- Proficiency with in vitro cell culture
- Proficiency in MS office suite, including Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and productively in a team-oriented environment while maintaining a strong sense of integrity and confidentiality.
- Strong planning, organizational, computer, written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated accountability and responsibility for own work.
- Ability to observe safety and security procedures.
- Ability to assist with other tasks/duties as needed in a small company environment.
Physical demands and work environment
- Must be able to sit and use hands to finger, handle and feel.
- Must be able to lift and move packages weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time using a computer in a typical office environment in a multi-level facility
- In carrying out the duties of the job there will be occasional exposure to fumes and chemical hazards.
- Some activities require repetitive motion and reaching, pulling or pushing.
- Duties performed routinely require exposure to blood, body fluid and tissue in BSL-2 environment.
This job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks or change existing ones as management deems necessary.
Champions Oncology is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.