Do you have an outstanding scientific understanding of virology? Are you energized by collaborations with colleagues to solve challenging questions? Join a dynamic, growing and impactful team at Integral Molecular!
The Application Scientist will become an integral part of the team, collaborating with virologists and cellular biologists to develop pseudoviruses for characterizing therapeutic antibodies and vaccines. Our product puts us on the forefront of developing reagents used in the global responses to new, emerging and evolving viral threats. You will use your expertise to spearhead marketing initiatives and educate external customers about our product. You will contribute to the development of new products and services by researching customer needs and collaborating with research teams to develop tailored solutions that address those needs.
This position offers a hybrid work model with 3 in-person workdays and remote flexibility for the rest of the week.
A cover letter is required for this position. A compelling and well-crafted cover letter is a crucial part of this application process. It not only demonstrates your interest in transitioning from a bench scientist to a science communications and scientific product development role, but it also showcases your passion and commitment. Please note that without a cover letter, we will be unable to consider your application.
Integral Molecular is a Philadelphia biotech company developing and applying innovative technologies that advance vaccines and antibody therapeutics targeting difficult proteins. We are a close-knit, medium-sized company composed of smart, curious scientists who take an active interest in promoting the learning and development of our team. Our company is in an exciting growth phase where we are launching new products and reaching new markets.
What you will gain from working at Integral Molecular:
- Be the external face of a fast-growing product line at Integral Molecular
- Drive the design and implementation of novel product applications to advance vaccines and therapeutics
- Acquire expertise in scientific customer support and sales
- Highly scientific role that allows for a healthy work-life balance
- Ability to grow and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
What you will do at Integral Molecular:
- Offer scientific guidance to customers on product utilization and engage in scientific discussions to troubleshoot experimental results
- Act as the ‘voice of the customer” and provide product feedback to Product Manager, Project Leader, and Quality Management Officer
- Represent the company at global scientific conferences, tradeshows, and customer site visits, using these occasions to collect information about state-of-the-art products in the field
- Deliver scientific presentations both in-person and virtually
- Foster excellent and close working relationships with internal research and marketing teams to produce customer-facing technical documents and marketing materials
- Create, review, and contribute to customer reports and statements of work
- Provide ideas and feedback on the development and execution of product line webinars/workshops/trainings that anticipate our customer needs
- Travel up to 10-20% time required (customer visits and conferences)
The successful candidate will have:
- MS or PhD, with at least one independent project centering on virology
- Individual should have extensive experience in virology with a significant publication record in virology
- Proven expertise in crafting scientific materials for expert audiences, including, presentations, blog posts, abstracts and papers
- Strong electronic literacy including proficiency with Microsoft Office and bibliography management (EndNote, Zotero, etc.)
- History of success with troubleshooting complex scientific experiments and processes
- Team player with excellent organization and communication skills
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and be highly organized
Other experience and qualifications (e.g. desired but not necessary):
- Proficiency in illustration software and the ability to create scientific graphics preferred
- Compelling public speaker with experience presenting talks and/or posters to a scientific audience
- Experience conducting high-throughput assays
If you are interested in this position, please send a resume and cover letter specifying your salary requirements and why you are interested in this position to email@example.com with Job ID# 08042023 in the subject heading.