Primary responsibility is the engineering development of our snowboard bindings. Execute all phases of the engineering cycle from concept development through production support to achieve quality, delivery, cost and innovation goals
Essential Job Duties:
- Develop innovative new products to excite customers and fuel growth
- Ensure products are high quality and meet market needs, meet safety standards, exhibit low factory off-quality rates, and low warranty return claims.
- On-Time and accurate development execution to allow successful delivery.
- Optimize material selection, component design, and manufacturing processes to maximize value to our customers
- Manage test program and team to thoroughly test all new products for fit, function and durability.
- Be educated and aware of industry and market trends, generate concepts and find creative solutions for design challenges that add value to the performance and marketability of the product and brand.
- Develop and maintain accurate specifications, tool lists, and development lists
- Develop and produce materials such as product specifications, instructions and feature descriptions to support the sales and marketing teams in clear communication both internally and customer facing
- Define Standard Operating Procedures, Quality Control Specifications, Testing Requirements and Bill of Materials related to all parts.
- Work with factory on initiatives to improve quality and efficiency
- Travel to product tests, sales meeting, trade shows, and factories as needed to execute the work