Unique opportunity to take Soldier Hollow Nordic Center Food and Beverage Services to a new level utilizing your knowledge and experience to create and implement quality guest experiences and offerings. Work at a world-class Olympic training facility where you can contribute new ideas to the exciting growth that is happening. Bring your expertise, creativity and visions to cultivate a foodservice environment that fits within our venue for sport and recreation.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Accountability
- Coordinate the development and execution of menu items for various areas within the venue.
- Operate F&B from the Lodge daily (incl “restaurant” in the Lodge during winter tubing).
- Provide a viable F&B alternative for golfers.
- Coordinate daily operations of the Ford Performance program (coordinate daily catered lunches, collect participant waivers, tracking guest numbers, monthly billing).
- Coordinate on-site weddings and build the wedding business.
- Build the live entertainment business including guest F&B.
- Collaborate with Rocky Mountain Outfitters to expand chuckwagon dinners.
- Coordinate hotel bookings for event officials.
- Provide F&B service/camp store to the adjacent campground.
- Grow private event sales.
- Coordinate retail operations.
- Create and maintain inviting food and beverage environments.
- Responsible for all food and beverage operations throughout the facility.
- Responsible for managing vendor relationships, ordering and receiving orders.
- Create menus, manage food preparation and facilitate catering for our growing group event needs.
- Conduct monthly inventory and maintain proper inventory levels.
- Stock food and beverage in areas of Point of Sale.
- Assure quick delivery to each customer.
- Facilitate event and VIP details including weddings, private groups, Octoberfest, public races, volunteer food, competitions, and large-scale events such as Sheepdog, Arts and Entertainment, and additional year-round programming.
- Train staff in customer service, barista, food and beverage preparation and sales operations.
- Must be able to accept ownership in operation of food and beverage service and lead a diverse work force.
- Oversee all payment transactions, opening and closing procedures and financial management.
- Maintain and exceed sanitary standards in all areas.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Essential Skills
- Minimum two years experience in food and beverage management, 5 years experience preferred in areas of operating event planning, food and beverage service and/or catering experience.
- Experience implementing company policies and procedures.
- Must possess a food handler’s permit, Serve Safe and TIPS certifications.
- Excellent customer service skills, friendly and outgoing manner with the public.
- Ability to take direction and follow through on assigned tasks.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Flexibility in work assignments and shifts.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Flexible work schedule – must be available to work days, weekends and holidays
Environmental Job Requirements
- Ability to work outdoors in all temperature/weather extremes
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
- Must be able to sit and stand on feet for extended time
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Hearing – to converse with others in a normal conversation
- Balancing, bending, climbing, kneeling, walking, pushing, reaching above shoulders, and sitting
- Must be able to work outdoors in any type of weather conditions.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work within the framework of the job description at any time without prior notice.