Champions Oncology provides an end-to-end range of oncology research and development solutions and services that improve the productivity of drug development. As a growing Contract Research Organization (CRO), our work environment is fast-paced, challenging and ever adapting to meet the needs and timelines of our pharmaceutical-clients. Our team is passionate and self-motivated working together to accelerate the challenges of oncology drug development and ultimately improve patients’ lives around the world.
Job classification and location: Full-time, hourly (non-exempt) in Rockville, MD.
Support Ex-vivo / In-vivo oncology studies as a member of the in vivo Cell Culture Team. Duties and responsibilities are:
- Responsible for inventory and culturing of human and mouse cancer cell lines for cell line xenograft studies
- Perform basic and advanced cell culture, including culturing primary cells and characterizing their growth
- Produce, maintain, and characterize cultured cells, as directed
- Conduct Leukopak PBMC sample processing
- Prepare AML and ALL cells for TOS in vitro and in vivo studies
- Prepare CAR-T and NK cells for TOS in vitro and in vivo studies
- Work with automated cell counters
- Efficiently plan and execute cell line scheduling for in vivo studies
- Assist in developing scalable processes for upstream and cell culture development
- Assist with identifying and proposing procedural changes to improve process performance, productivity, and efficiency
- Assist in developing and implementing a cell culture training program to assure continuity of operations and activities
- Analyze, interpret, and present data
- Performs related general duties such as inventorying supplies and reagents, general lab housekeeping, and maintaining safety records
- Operates and maintains laboratory equipment
- Maintain accurate and detailed records using laboratory information management systems and Microsoft Office suite programs
Qualifications and Skills
- Research Technician II Minimum of 2 (BS) or 1 (MS) years of relevant laboratory experience preferred
- Research Technician III Minimum of 4 (BS) or 2 (MS) years of relevant laboratory experience preferred
- Preferred field of study in biology, or related sciences
- Experience in contract research animal facility or industry setting is preferred
- Exceptional aseptic technique with great understanding of the fundamentals of cell culture
- Previous experience maintaining 3+ cell lines and 10+ culture plates simultaneously
- Experience preparing reagents and dilutions
- Comfortable performing laboratory-related arithmetic
- Ability to work effectively and productively in a team-oriented environment while maintaining a strong sense of accountability, integrity and confidentiality
- Creative problem-solving skills and the ability to exercise sound and accurate judgment in making timely decisions
- Superior planning, organizational, computer, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to assist with other duties in a dynamic environment
- Ability to observe safety and security procedures
- Ability to work flexible hours
Physical demands and work environment
- Must be able to sit and use hands to finger, handle and feel.
- Must be able to lift and move packages weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time using a computer in a typical office environment in a multi-level facility
- In carrying out the duties of the job there will be occasional exposure to fumes and chemical hazards.
- Some activities require repetitive motion and reaching, pulling or pushing.
- Duties performed routinely require exposure to blood, body fluid and tissue in BSL-2 environment.
This job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks or change existing ones as management deems necessary.
Champions Oncology is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.