To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education/Experience: The ideal candidate will offer:
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Business, Finance, Economics, Marketing; advanced degree or MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in the life sciences industry, including 5+ years of analytics experience in forecasting, market research, and/or marketing sciences
- Seeking a blend of science and business skills and experience
- Experience building high-performing teams across multiple geographies and cultures as well as budgeting, sourcing, and managing vendors and external partners
- Experience leveraging secondary data (syndicated sales, prescription, promotional & marketing data, longitudinal patient-level data, payer data, etc.) to develop forecasts, measure potential, identify opportunity, track performance, build reports, model scenarios, etc.
- Familiar with the application of advanced analytics techniques to address business questions (e.g., modeling, predictive analytics, machine learning)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strategic thinker who possesses both a solid business acumen and the ability to look beyond the current state and plan strategies that take into consideration the long-term business objectives of the Company and our external competitive and business environment.
- Excellent presentation and management skills
- Strong relationship management skills
- Extraordinary commitment to customer experience and standards of excellence
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and drive results
- High level familiarity data analytics, financial modeling, business plan development and highly effective at achieving optimal results based on efficient utilization of resources and budget
- Ability to research and problem solve complex issues impacting HCP’s while mitigating barriers to patients access to care
- Capacity to conceptualize as well as operationalize commercial strategies
- Up to 40% travel is required; overnight travel is required as needed
This is a high growth, fast paced, and small organization. The ability to be productive and successful in a scientifically led and data driven work environment is critical. Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally on occasion is required, it is anticipated that this will be up to 40% of work time.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature. Including but not limited to: Sitting for greater than 75% of your time, standing and walking for up to 25% of your time. Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with the fingers. Use of hands to fingers for typing and other computer activity for up to 75% of your time. Reaching with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl less than 25% of your time. Ability to lift, up to 25lbs, less than 25% of the time.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Notice to Recruiters/Placement Agencies:
To protect the interests of all parties, Aeglea BioTherapeutics, Inc. will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Aeglea, including unsolicited resumes sent to an Aeglea's mailing address, fax machine, our geneal inbox/email address, or directly to employees, will be considered Aeglea property. Aeglea will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Aeglea will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.
Recruiting agencies must obtain advance written approval from Aeglea’s Human Resources department to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening. Aeglea will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place.