Qgiv is looking for a Customer Experience Manager to oversee and coach our Customer Support Team. Qgiv currently supports over 13,000 fundraising professionals nationwide and is known for offering the best support in the industry. We’re in the business of helping nonprofits that are helping others, and we’re passionate about providing exceptional support to each customer we interact with as they use our suite of fundraising software. We REALLY love our clients, and so will you!
In this role, you’ll be responsible for ensuring the metrics that make the CX department run smoothly and efficiently each day are on track, and that the team is reaching for operational excellence versus just getting through the day. You’ll make strategic decisions to drive the success of the team, manage and help develop an amazing team of Customer Support individuals, and own everything that’s tied to the responsive front-line customer experience here at Qgiv. You’ll also have daily interaction with our clients, working with them one-on-one as needed and making a positive impact on their world and the work they do.
The Customer Experience Manager is a people-centric leader with passion for helping our clients and team and a focus on driving success. You must have the ability to thrive in an environment that promises constant change and unexpected events, work well under pressure while solving problems, and multitask to support your team and our clients. If you’re an inspiring leader, empathetic to others, and efficient in your day-to-day time management and prioritization of tasks, this role is for you.
Team & Manager Goals
- Improve customer experience, create engaged customers, and facilitate organic growth
- Recruit, mentor, and develop customer service agents and nurture an environment where they can excel through encouragement and empowerment
- Manage procedures, policies, and standards
- Ensure your staff and clients stay in the know regarding our ever-changing-for-the-better software—knowledge is power
- Timely and accurate management of all CX billing related tasks
- Maintain a Client Satisfaction Score of 98% or above
- Churn numbers under 10%
- NPS at 60 or above
- Maintain a first response time of less than 60 minutes
- Net Revenue Churn numbers at 12% or above
- Management of procedures, policies, and standards
- Operational excellence
- Client-Side Obstacles
- No sense of urgency or uninterested in learning more about the product, including features and enhancements that may benefit them down the road
- Complex product with clients of different skillsets and learning styles
- Turnover in staff
- Lack of ownership surrounding billing issues and upgrading/downgrading their plans
- Internal Obstacles
- Learning how to practice and coach your team on setting clear expectations for clients, delivering transparency, and saying no with empathy
- Hiring the right fit for the team and onboarding new team members. It’s a complex product and takes dedicated and consistent time, attention, and resources to get them to be a contributing member of the team
- Managing remotely
- Keeping policies, procedures, team tools, macros, etc. updated as the product changes
What to Expect (Actions)
- Build relationships with your team and your clients. We’re not transactional; we do what’s best and always strive to execute the correct solution, not the easy solution.
- Get great at managing expectations regarding enhancements, pricing changes, bug timelines, etc.
- Advocate for our clients by getting to the root of the REAL problem when they call with issues or ask for features; often the real problem isn’t what they’re describing
- Create and manage schedules that make sense based on busy times and coverage
- Ensure systems are running smoothly and we’re not doing things because we’ve always done them that way—what adds value to our clients and our team? What can we do without? How do we make processes foolproof, so our team isn’t spending time figuring out how to execute?
- First response time is a key driving metric of the team, but it’s only as successful as the actual response—an inaccurate or partial response that meets the criteria isn’t what we’re looking for
- Management of the shared inbox is a crucial component and where most incoming requests are filtered; this should run like a well-oiled machine.
- Identify opportunities to drive revenue above and beyond the obvious, and when those are spotted, work with the Customer Success Manager to take the reins
- Our Policies & Procedures are necessary due to the complexity of the product, use cases, and processes we must follow. It’s imperative these stay updated and that we clean house regularly, which includes retiring old processes we don’t need and creating new processes based on questions you’re getting or holes you’re seeing.
- Macros help our team work more efficiently. Too many and they’re not usable, too few and we’re spending too much time writing out the same responses. These should be looked at and curated based on team and client needs.
- Produce weekly and monthly reports on team performance and activities along with accounts payable data related to client billing issues
- Quality assurance should be time blocked and built into your weekly/monthly routine. Monitor email responses and phone calls by your team to ensure accuracy and efficiency and provide coaching where needed. There’s always room to sharpen skills. Provide feedback on satisfaction surveys to your team and follow up with clients where applicable.
- Ensure returns and failed funds are handled on a consistent basis to maintain the financial viability of our revenue stream and to ensure clients are receiving credits and debits on a regular basis
- Strive to be a shining example of the Qgiv core values each day
What you need to be successful (requirements)
- Experience as a Customer Support Manager or similar leadership role
- Previous experience in Customer Service, Customer Success, or Account Management as a contributor
- Experience in managing a team in a SaaS-based company is a bonus
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) with experience in relationship management
- Comfortable working under pressure with shifting priorities
- Experience with Zendesk and Salesforce is a plus
- Strong time management
- Must have a keen eye for detail and curiosity for learning
- Must be a self-starter who will own the role, not just complete tasks given to them
- Be coachable and open minded
What’s in it for you?
- Join a group of passionate people building and supporting technology that helps fuel the work of world-changing nonprofits
- Health, vision, dental insurance, fitness plan reimbursement, life and disability insurance, and a retirement savings plan
- Competitive pay
- A flexible paid time-off policy and paid holidays
- Paid volunteer time off so you can make good things happen in your community
- 3 weeks paid parental leave (after 12 months of employment)
- Time off to vote
- The hardware you need to get the job done
- Hybrid work options available
- Lots of Qgiv gear to add to your wardrobe (we have some of the softest shirts around)!
Florida Salary Statement: The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Florida if selected for the role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications.
Who are we?
Qgiv exists to help people fulfill their passion to make a difference. Founded in 2007, Qgiv now provides thoughtfully designed, user-friendly fundraising software to some pretty great people at more than 5,500 nonprofits in the US and Canada. Nonprofits such as Habitat for Humanity, Big Brothers Big Sisters, Junior Achievement, Humane Societies, and more use Qgiv’s online fundraising tools to delight donors and raise funds for their missions.
The Qgiv team is guided by our core values: empathy, introspection, honesty + integrity, persistence, openness, respect, and passion.
We work hard to meet deadlines and goals, but we do take time to celebrate and have fun! When we’re in the office (darn you, COVID!), we enjoy game nights, monthly birthday cake, and more free snacks and beverages than should be allowed. While remote, we stay connected through video and Slack, weekly coffee talks, and virtual Town Hall meetings.
We strive to create a culture in which individuals can grow personally and professionally, while maintaining a work environment you truly look forward to every day. Most importantly, we know that at the end of the day, our software helps make the world just a little bit better.
Qgiv is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our products and services benefit from diverse backgrounds and experiences. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, pregnancy, medical conditions, veteran status, physical [dis]ability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.