knowledge, skills and ability
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse customer base comprised of key stakeholders
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of affordable housing issues, multi-family real estate finance, development principles, financial feasibility, and market analysis
- Strong management skill set, including strong interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Effective leadership skills in developing, training and supervising employees
- Ability to demonstrate and promote a high level of commitment among staff to customer service
- Must demonstrate a strong knowledge of the Low Income Housing Tax Credit Program
- Detail oriented, with strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Good public speaking and presentation skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and ability to work with computer spreadsheet software
- Abilities that reflect our values:
- Ability to continuously improve and develop knowledge and skills, while adapting quickly to changing circumstances and processes
- Ability to work towards inclusion in all activities, and decisions through the solicitation and appreciation of diverse perspective
- Ability to exercise personal accountability in all activities and decisions
- Ability to embrace a culture of operational excellence to ensure processes are continually evaluated and improved as necessary
- Ability to operate with a sense of integrity
- Ability to have fun with a demonstrated sense of humor
- Ability to establish rapport with persons of diverse ethnic, racial, and cultural backgrounds
- Undergraduate degree in Finance or Business preferred
- Five (5) years’ experience, including three (3) years supervisory, in the affordable housing industry required with a background focusing on multi-family real estate development, housing tax credits, state and federal affordable housing resources, lending, tax credit investment and/or syndication
- Equivalent background and experience will be considered as appropriate
Telephone; personal computer; computer hardware equipment, calculator; photocopy and fax machine, vehicle.
The incumbent in this position will perform the essential functions of the position primarily in an office environment, which requires sitting at a desk for most of the day. Ability to use computers and other typical office equipment devices with or without assisting devices. Ability to speak, hear, use telephones and move around, with or without assisting devices. Some travel required.
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform.
With respect to its programs, services, activities, and employment practices, Colorado Housing and Finance Authority assesses qualified individuals without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), age, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or other protected status. Requests for reasonable accommodation, the provision of auxiliary aids, or any complaints alleging violation of this nondiscrimination policy should be directed to the nondiscrimination coordinator, 1.800.877.2432, TDD/TTY 303.297.7305, CHFA 1981 Blake street, Denver co 80202-1272, available weekdays 8:00 a.m. To 5:00 p.m.