St. Mary School is a Catholic learning community which actively models the full character of
Christ. Our purpose is to educate the heart, mind, body, and soul of the student and to develop
the potential in each giving glory to God.
This position plans, develops, executes and delivers lesson plans based on preschool standards, developmentally appropriate objectives and CDE guidelines. The role of each staff member is to provide professionalism for St Mary Preschool by promoting and maintaining the goals and objectives of the preschool in all aspects of the position, including daily job responsibilities, communication with others and by positively representing the church and school.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
In accordance with the Colorado Department of Human Services, Office of Early Childhood, the
Lead Teacher will support the preschool and school mission by:
● Ensuring the safety of each child, including respecting the privacy of all students, staff
and families by maintaining confidentiality in all matters.
● Forming the students in faith, virtue and values in cooperation with parents as the first
● Providing a nurturing and loving environment in the classroom in order to promote
desired learning goals. To accomplish these goals, the preschool uses Pyramid Plus as
a social and emotional guide for expectations, schedules and routines.
● Maintaining and exceeding EKERS guidelines for a quality preschool program.
Direct Manager: Preschool Director
Guidance and Inspiration: Disciples of the Hearts of Jesus and Mary
Non-exempt, Hourly, Full-time, 40+
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (to include but not limited to):
The Lead Teacher will be responsible for the safety of each child, implementing lesson
plans, assessing students and working closely with the lead teacher to provide a loving and
secure atmosphere for the students to learn. Specifically:
1. Abide by licensing and accreditation requirements for school.
2. Document and maintain individual child plans, child
assessments, current PDIS records, goals, and lesson plans, including objectives
and standards necessary to demonstrate child progress.
3. Be a good steward to the property and respectful of the financial position of the
4. Maintain class records to include attendance, portfolio progress and
5. Communicates important school wide events to parents and children.
6. Assist lead teacher in all functions related to classroom management and teaching
7. Participates in at least 15 hours of professional development training each year, with
the expectation of completing Pyramid Plus training (48 hours) within the first year if
not already completed upon employment.
B. Staff relations
1. Provides a spirit of cooperation, flexibility and integrity throughout the school.
2. Abides by personnel policies, maintaining professionalism at all times.
3. Attends after hours and preschool staff meetings regularly.
4. Supports other staff members through prayer, assistance and shift sharing
5. Work with teachers as appropriate to plan and execute curriculum, lesson plans, field
trips and programs as necessary to enhance the preschool experience for the
children and families. The Assistant Teacher’s daily function is directed by the
classroom teacher, in collaborative communication.
C. Student relations
1. Maintains a safe and healthy environment for students.
2. Creates an environment conducive to all learners.
3. Facilitates children developing a positive self-image, academic and social/emotional
success through the implementation of developmentally appropriate practices. We
are a discovery and experiential program where children learn through intentional
D. Parent relations
1. Creates a positive relationship with all parents enrolling children in the school.
2. Encourages parent participation as part of classroom activities.
3. Share concerns with lead teacher before approaching or answering questions related
to a child’s progress or behavior when appropriate.
4. Maintain positive communication with parents regarding the program, staff, teachers,
other students or school.
E. General and Other
1. Fully initiated Catholic in communion of the Catholic Church and intentionally living out
the five precepts of the Church (CCC 2041-2043)
2. Maintains a neat and clean physical appearance.
3. Notifies the director and co-teachers in the event of an absence
4. Works with all staff members and persons affiliated with St Mary Catholic School in a
cooperative and supportive manner.
5. Follows the personnel policies of St Mary Preschool.
6. Provides a religious emphasis in the preschool learning environment
7. Keeps a positive line of communication open between St Mary Preschool, St Mary
Catholic School and St Mary Catholic Church.