EOE M/F/Vets/Disability Affirmative Action Employer
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for providing customer service to all incoming callers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for Customer Service; continual contact with customers and all levels of employees over the telephone
- Receive incoming calls for all Banking Centers, determine customer needs, answer questions regarding accounts & complete necessary transactions
- Assist customers with balance inquiries, transferring funds & loan payments
- Place stop payments, caution orders, wire transfers, ACH/POS maintenance
- Trouble shoot debit card issues, raise card limits, place travel notices, cancel and re-order cards
- Assist customers with replacing lost or stolen debit cards
- Trouble shoot online banking issues, unlock & reset online accounts
- Monitor online chat and messages, and respond accordingly
- Complete incoming fax verifications
- Verify funds on accounts
- Process loan & charge off account payments by debit/credit card
- Process credit card payments
- Place check orders
- Reset Voice Access accounts
- Activate debit cards for Mobile Wallet
- Account research, re-print statements & tax forms as required
- Answer questions about account types and banking products
- Assist customers who are victims of fraud, theft or identity theft
- Assist customers with address changes
- Monitor & log customer complaints. Determine what action is necessary to resolve the issue
- Regularly use judgement and discretion in solving problems, offering solutions and correcting errors
- Determines customer needs and appropriate products to be offered or actions to be taken. Takes corrective action when necessary
- Provide general FBTC bank information
- Connecting caller to appropriate bank staff as needed or requested
- Work with all other departments to maintain open communication and positive work relations.
- Must be able to meet punctuality and attendance standards.
- Effectively cooperate with supervisors, co-workers and customers.
- Follow the directions of the supervisor.
- Perform other duties and projects as required by management.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must have at least 2-5 years banking experience in related areas or experience and/or education providing equivalent knowledge, which may include a combination of customer service, sales, administrative, and bookkeeping experience.
- Proficient computer, 10 key, and typing skills.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- 10-key skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills: able to work well with a wide range of people.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrate dependability through good attendance and adherence to timelines and schedules.
- Strong follow through on projects and deliverables.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and ability to take initiative in development and completion of projects.
- Strong sense of customer service.
- Strong proficiency in PC applications; Windows Operating Systems, MS Word, MS Excel are required.
- Must have knowledge of all bank products.
This work is sedentary and requires the following physical activities:
- Sitting for long periods of time; occasional bending, squatting, kneeling, stooping; good finger dexterity and feeling; frequent repetitive motions; talking, hearing, and visual acuity.
- Frequent lifting (up to 10 pounds of paper supplies or minor office equipment).
- Normal office environment.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this position. These statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this position.