Requirements, Education and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years’ experience in fundraising, business development, philanthropy, or corporate/foundation relations
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation and networking skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong online research skills
- Experience writing proposals, presentations, reports, agreements, and related documents
- Experience in, or familiarity with cancer, healthcare, or social services a plus
Relationships - Business Development/Grants Team
Outside of Organization - Key business development partners
Within Organization - Business Development/Grants Team
Research and Strategy:
- Develop new business development outreach strategies in coordination with the Senior Director of Development and Chief Business Development and Alliance Officer.
- Work with Business Development/Grants team, Senior Leadership, and the Social Services team to research and develop new partnership opportunities for CancerCare’s existing programs and services as well as new initiatives.
- Assess potential partners to determine opportunity areas for engagement and support.
- Develop feasibility and market assessments related to new revenue opportunities.
- Create and maintain consistent pipeline of potential partners to ensure an ongoing, enduring pool of revenue prospects.
- When appropriate, work with Individual Giving team to leverage corporate contacts among individual donors; coordinate outreach to ensure that all opportunities for revenue generation are maximized.
Develop/initiate relationships with potential corporate partners and their stakeholders (employees, CSR, Marketing, Philanthropy, senior leaders).
- Attend events, conferences, and other meetings where potential business development partners will be present to expand CancerCare’s network of potential partners.
- Clearly articulate CancerCare’s mission, its many programs and services, and its clients to potential partners.
Coordination/Facilitation of Business Development Goals:
- Facilitate internal meetings of key CancerCare staff from various departments in an effort to coordinate inter-departmental activities that support business development goals.
- Create and maintain a targeted engagement calendar of external oncology, healthcare, philanthropy, and prospective partner events for CancerCare’s strategic participation.
- Work with and support Communications team on outreach efforts aimed at engaging new audiences for CancerCare and its specific programs/initiatives, with the goal of generating new sources of revenue.
- Create visual presentations, executive summaries, briefing materials, and related collateral to potential partners and key CancerCare staff.
- Maintain and ensure timely tracking of pertinent research, outreach, engagement, and related activities in database.