Founded in 1962, Agency for the Performing Arts (APA) is one of the largest diversified talent agencies in the entertainment industry with offices in Los Angeles, New York, Nashville, Atlanta, Toronto and London. APA represents some of the most accomplished, celebrated and award-winning actors, writers, producers, directors, creators, comedians, musicians, authors, intellectual properties, production companies, artisans, social influencers, and lifestyle brands across all media platforms worldwide.
What We Are Looking For
We are seeking entry-level candidates to join our rotational Agency Training Program at our Beverly Hills office (the “Program”). The Program is intended for passionate, hardworking individuals who aspire to become Agents in the Entertainment Industry.
The Program offers the unique opportunity for Trainees to work closely with Agents and Assistants, as well as exposure to APA’s various divisions: Talent, Television and Feature Literary, Physical Production, Music/Concerts, Alternative and Factual Programming, etc.
Trainees will support Agents and Assistants in all departments in a variety of administrative functions including:
- Managing multiple calendars; Schedule and confirm appointments; resolve any scheduling conflicts
- Phone management: Handle a high volume of incoming calls on several lines - answer, screen, direct, and prioritize phone calls
- Preparing expense reports
- Producing correspondence
- Special projects as needed
Essential Skills And Qualifications
- Can do attitude with a strong work ethic; reliable and dependable
- Strong attention to detail; ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High comfort level with technology (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Impeccable follow-through: the ability to initiate projects, develop timelines, and meet deadlines
- Strong organizational skills
- High energy and enthusiastic
- Ability to comfortably interact with high profile clients
- Must be able to maintain a high level of discretion
Required Education And Experience
- Bachelors degree from an accredited University
- Prior internship or work experience; Entertainment-related internships a plus
- At least 6 months of relevant administrative experience
APA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.