Job Title: Lodging Operations and Sales Coordinator
The Operations and Sales Coordinator is responsible for delivering quality customer service for guests and residents of the Residences at Utah Olympic Park. The Residences at Utah Olympic Park is a 72 unit – 146 bed facility with both long term apartment residences as well as nightly lodging. The Residences are owned and operated by the Utah Olympic Legacy Foundation who has created these affordable housing units as subsidized housing specifically for athletes & coaches who are actively training in winter sport and for employees of the Utah Olympic Park and Legacy Foundation.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Accountability
- Responsible for assisting Lodging Operations Manager with and performing all aspects of the daily operations of the Residences at Utah Olympic Park including but not limited to open and close procedures, and checking nightly guests in and out
- Processes incoming reservations received via rooming lists, in-house correspondence, emails or other communication. Mail confirmation and literature requested and replies to all inquiries
- Responsible for assisting Lodging Operations Manager including but not limited to processing apartment applications, lease agreements, communicating with tenants, and coordinating move out of apartments
- Present professional and knowledgeable interactions with staff and guests under pressure, be detail oriented and have a positive attitude and professional appearance
- Act as manager on duty when scheduled, make and execute the necessary decisions to achieve the goals and expectations set for the Residences
- Assist the Lodging Manager to prepare and meet budget goals by reviewing profit and loss statements.
- Oversee the Sales process including development and execution of the outbound sales strategy, identify new contacts, develop leads, respond to sales opportunities and maintain lead tracking systemin order to maximize revenue
- Assists with preparation and assembly of sales/marketing information such as proposals and contracts.
- Maintains reservations records by entering required reservation and account data into systems to ensure pickup is accurately communicated to the management team permitting attrition and slippage to be tracked.
- Runs and prepares all necessary reports and reviews for accuracy as required
- Continued development of and implementing of systems, SOP’s and best practices for the Residences.
- Perform operations of Reservation and booking System including Key Card coding, issuance, and system trouble-shooting
- Inspect and monitor daily housekeeping operations to ensure timelines and cleanliness standards are being achieved
- Settle guest balances upon departure
- Handle cash, check, and credit card transactions, including voids, price changes and refunds when necessary
- Complete daily deposits when assigned
- Ensure incoming telephone calls are being answered and handled appropriately
- Ensure Housing emails are returned within 48 hours
- Assist with any additional project duties as assigned by Manager
- Manage Resident Assistant coverage schedule
- Ensure Safe operation of Park vehicles
- Maintain and update documents regarding policy and procedure updates, event changes, and daily activity updates/changes
- Resolve customer relation issues when additional attention is needed in appropriate and timely manner
- Maintain guest privacy and confidential information
- Implement Residences policies and procedures, assist new employee training
- Create training manuals
Required Knowledge and Essential Skills
- Experience working with the public
- Friendly manner and excellent communications skills, ability to speak in front of groups
- Superior organizational, coordination, multi-tasking abilities with strong attention to detail
- General knowledge of the Utah Olympic Park, its purpose, and use for the future of Utah a plus
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with PC applications and Microsoft office programs
- Hotel guest service experience, sales or role specific knowledge necessary
- At least 3-5 years of progressive experience in a hotel or related field.
- Education in Hotel Management, Hospitality Management and/or related fields a plus
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays. Typical work schedule will be Wednesday-Sunday 10am-6pm (flexible)
Environmental Job Requirements
- Ability to work outdoors in all temperature/weather extremes
- Ability to lift 20 pounds
- Must be able to stand on feet for extended time
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Balancing, bending, climbing, kneeling, walking, pushing, reaching above shoulders, and sitting
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work within the framework of the job description at any time without prior notice