Sona Dermatology and MedSpa is looking for a General Manager, Operations for our Charlotte, NC market!
Sona-TDC Dermatology & MedSpa (Sona-TDC)
Are you the one? If you care about people, seek performance-professional fulfillment (achievements, fit, financial), and want to make the world a better place, we would love for you to join us in our pursuit of excellence on our journey to save lives, build relationships for life, and make a difference in the world, one person at a time.
For 20+ years, Sona-TDC, the innovator and leader in clinical-1st integrated clinical-cosmetic skincare for life, has been transforming our “center-of-our-universe” clients’/patients’ lives with a personalized continuity of essential clinical care and world-class cosmetic care to ensure results for life (health, wellness, happiness). In addition to Sona-TDC’s elite, board-certified Dermatologists who specialize in holistic, integrated skincare (including Mohs surgery), Sona-TDC’s industry-leader recognition includes Allergan Black Diamond, Top 1% Anti-Aging/Vitality Injectables, Top 10 Botox, and #1 Coolsculpting (body contouring, fat reduction/weight loss).
At Sona-TDC, we are a beautifully, dynamically, powerfully diverse community of individuals who value inclusion and aspire to give all of us/each of us (collectively and respectively) the opportunity to achieve our full potential, unencumbered by bias and discrimination resulting from age, ethnicity, gender, race, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, gender identity, socioeconomic position, or political ideology. We choose love over hate, we choose unity over exclusion, we choose assumption of positive intent over accusation, we choose problem-solving over indifference, and we choose defining the future over being defined by the past. In these demanding times, we are lucky to have each other and strive to make a difference, be a positive force for good, offer love and support to those in need, and make the world a better place.
General Manager (GM), Operations
GM, Operations is a mission-critical leadership role. For your respective market, you and your team are responsible for operational excellence with emphasis on 1. safety and quality of care/outcomes, 2. quality of experience/service, and 3. overall center-level performance, productivity, and value creation across the entire market (existing and new centers).
With extraordinary opportunity and great expectations-accountability, the GM, Operations enjoys commensurate performance-based compensation (base, benefits, bonus) and requisite latitude to collaborate, innovate, and drive/execute results.
In addition to servant leadership and top talent EQ/IQ, the GM, Operations operates in a highly dynamic environment where it is vital to 1. be a subject matter expert in all Sona-TDC processes (executing and solving for success towards KPI targets) and 2. actively communicate/partner on a daily basis with the GM, Growth, VP, Operations, and Center-Level Teams.
Role / Duties & Responsibilities
GM, Operations has many responsibilities and serves in one of the most important and complex roles at Sona-TDC. The GM, Operations is responsible for leadership and management of the operations functions (care/outcomes, service, P&L/OPEX value creation) and includes:
Role / Duties & Responsibilities (continued)
- #1 Patient Continuum of Care & VIP Experience/Service (clinical, cosmetic, retail)
- Accountability for Sona-TDC Clinical-Cosmetic Operating Model (up to $20MM P&L)
- Active-Engaged Leadership & Management to Drive Daily Operational Excellence
- Strategic Plan/Tactical Performance (care/outcomes, service, P&L/value creation)
- Operations Blueprint/Playbook for Centers (goals-objectives, checklists, reporting)
- Operations-Service Organization (hiring, training, development, retention (culture))
- Asset-Inventory-Process Management and ROI Optimization (policies, procedures)
- Collaboration (Center Teams; GM, Growth; VP, Ops; VP, Growth; Corporate Team)
- Communication Catalyst (available, direct, empathetic, listen, mentor, transparent)
- Data-Driven Analytics/Insights & Technology-Enabled/Accelerated COE Workflows
- Corporate Administration (e.g., Sona-TDC Leadership, HR-Paycom/TriNet, etc.)
GM, Operations reports to VP, Operations and partners with GM, Growth, VP, Growth, and Corporate Team. The ideal GM, Operations will oversee Sona-TDC’s operations and is a leader with strong interpersonal skills, professional and personal integrity, and an effective leadership style aligned with Sona-TDC’s organizational guiding principles:
- Excellent in Pursuit of Extraordinary
- Sona-TDC P1! Servant Leadership
- Integrated-Shared Vision
- Ecosystems, Not Hierarchies
- Culture of Accountability/Urgency
- Breakthrough Comfort Zone DNA
- High Engagement-Participation
- Innovation-Learning Culture
Definition of Success
- Build-Lead Market Operations Team/10x Operational Excellence
- Drive Operations to Achieve/Exceed Operating Plan (2H20, 2021)
- Deliver Results to Accelerate Growth and Maximize Value Creation
Capabilities Experience / Expertise / Education
- 5-10+ Years GM-Operations/P&L Leadership Experience (multi-site, 10-25+ FTE)
- 5-7+ Years Healthcare (clinical-dermatology or cosmetic; bonus consumer/retail)
- 1-5+ Years Growth and Innovation in Healthcare, Health & Wellness, and/or Retail
- Professional Certifications (e.g., healthcare, operations, OSHA, health & safety, etc.)
- Track Record of Operations Results (safety, care/outcomes, service, value creation)
- Entrepreneurial Spirit (active/decisive, problem-solver, growth/innovation ventures)
- Exposure to Operations Excellence Tools (Agile, Design-Thinking, Kaizen, Lean/Six Sigma)
- Fit with Sona-TDC Mission, Team, Values (desire/passion to make a difference)
- All-In, Digital-First, Vital Few Success Factors, Creative Problem-Solver, Self-Starter, High Confidence-Low Ego, Servant Leader, Tolerant Collaborator, Executive Presence, Strong EQ-IQ, High Ethical Standards-Professional/Personal Integrity
- Bachelor's Degree and Continuing Relevant Industry/Professional Training
- Available for Moderate Travel (up to 25%)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Sona Dermatology and MedSpa is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.