Champions Oncology provides an end-to-end range of oncology research and development solutions and services that improve the productivity of drug development. As a growing Contract Research Organization (CRO), our work environment is fast-paced, challenging and ever adapting to meet the needs and timelines of our pharmaceutical-clients. Our team is passionate and self-motivated working together to accelerate the challenges of oncology drug development and ultimately improve patients’ lives around the world.
Job classification and location: full time, salary (exempt), Rockville, MD
As a Sr, RA, Flow Cytometry you will performs specialized laboratory tasks in support of preclinical and clinical studies as well as maintaining and collecting data using various systems. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Performs as the technical lead with new platform development to expand TOS offerings in Flow Cytometry.
- Technical and general scientific expertise
- Flow Cytometry technical competency with immunology and oncology experience
- Ensure quality sample analysis, data QC and reporting within defined timelines
- Assists Program and Project Leaders in tracking models and animals designated for preclinical research for TOS sponsor studies
- Instrument maintenance and troubleshooting
- Maintains sample inventories and logs for chain of custody tracking and reporting
- Designs panels, validates new antibodies and develops gating strategies up to 8-12 colors
- Business and management:
- Assist with scheduling and planning to effectively manage workload
- Develops workflow protocols and SOPs for GCP compliance
- Training and mentoring the lab on SOPs & procedures
- Acts as a technical point of contact for internal and external stakeholders around flow cytometric assays
- General project management duties, capacity analysis and interaction with Clients
- Managing equipment and supplies
- Responsible for following methods and SOPs
- Accurate and complete recording during laboratory procedures
- Assist in method development, method validation, and sample analysis activities
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and skills
- B.S. with 3-5 years’ experience (required) M.S. with 1-3 years’ experience, or equivalent, in multicolor flow cytometry and cell biology.
- Flow cytometry knowledge with 1-3+ years’ experience in panel design, method development, analysis, and interpretation of multicolor flow cytometry in multiple species including mouse and human.
- Experience with 12+ color flow cytometry a plus
- Ability to perform high throughput and/or plate-based flow cytometry processing
- Experience with flow cytometry analysis software FlowJo.
- Prior experience with cell biology, immunology, oncology, and/or drug development a plus.
- Creative problem-solving skills and the ability to exercise sound and accurate judgment in making timely decisions.
- Ability to work effectively and productively in a team-oriented environment while maintaining a strong sense of accountability, integrity and confidentiality.
- Ability to follow directions and upper management instructions.
Physical demands and work environment
- Must be able to use hands to finger, handle and feel.
- Must be able to lift and move packages weighing up to 50 pounds.
- All activities require repetitive motion and reaching, pulling or pushing.
- In carrying out the duties of the job there will be frequent exposure to fumes and chemical hazards.
- Duties performed routinely require exposure to blood, body fluid and tissue.
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Champions Oncology is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.