Educational / Minimum requirements:
- AAS in Medical Technology (MT); experience in a clinical laboratory preferred.
State/Federal Mandated Licensure or Certification Requirements:
- ASCP Certification strongly preferred.
Bristol Hospital Mandated Educational Requirements:
- General orientation at time of hire. Fire/Safety/Infection Control annually. Other programs as mandated by Hospital.
- Walking, standing, sitting, bending required. Must work under the stress of time constraints and heavy workload demands requiring accuracy. Position requires ability to constantly lift light objects less than 20 lbs., perform moderately difficult manipulative skills, arm-hand steadiness, and hand-eye coordination skills; walk, stand and sit for prolonged periods; see objects closely and hear normal sounds with some background noises.
- Employee may frequently be exposed to blood, body tissues and/or fluids, chemical fumes and hazardous waste materials. Proper PPE is supplied by the employer.
- Position requires ability to concentrate on moderate detail with constant interruption and attend to tasks for more than 60 minutes at a time. Individual must be able to understand and relate to the concept behind specific ideas and remember multiple tasks given to self and others over long periods of time, able to communicate verbally, using advanced level vocabulary.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.