We are hiring a Business Services Development Officer (BSDO) who is accountable for the creation and execution of our sales delivery model to achieve targeted performance and growth in the credit union’s small business deposit segment. This position is responsible for developing and managing the suite of business account products and services, planning and achieving sales and strategic goals, and the overall operational performance of the Business Services department.
This role acquires new small business relationships and deepens and retains existing relationships. The BSDO manages a support staff that aids in delivering comprehensive financial solutions to small businesses. This role spends the majority of its time in the field meeting with our established network of business owners, working with branch staff, and meeting with potential business members. The BSDO also trains frontline staff to become the primary point of contact for small business customers in our branches.
Who We Are. . .
Verity has been a local member-owned credit union offering a full range of financial products and services to our members since 1933. Verity means truth---and this guides our actions. Honesty may not be the easiest approach, but it is the right one.
We take pride in our work. Our mission and vision guide our daily activities, and we need motivated individuals to lead our success. Verity is committed to being a top employer in Washington and we are honored to be a 2018 National 101 Best & Brightest Company based on our employee's own reviews.
We Believe. . .
- Trust is earned each day.
- Learning is lifelong; it never stops.
- People come first, before the bottom line.
- Community engagement propels us forward.
- Teamwork is the foundation of our success.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop and execute a business and marketing plan for the credit union’s small business program
- Implement sales management routines to prospect and acquire new business, generate referrals, and deepen and retain existing small business clients
- Grow and strengthen the credit union’s deposit products and services offerings to meet small business member needs
- Collaborate with the Director of Member Experience, Commercial Loan Officer & Regional Sales Manager to realize the vision for our sales culture
- Manage key small business vendor relationships
- Hire, onboard, and manage business services support staff
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of internal and external small business program materials and resources
- Partner with key stakeholders to evaluate and improve operational processes, procedures, and service quality
- Deliver monthly reports and manage the department’s portfolio of business
- Remain current on best practices, regulatory, economic, competitive and technology trends that may affect functional area
- Perform additional duties as assigned