JOB PURPOSE: The Controller is accountable for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles(GAAP) or international financial reporting standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following as well as other duties and responsibilities, which may be assigned.
As an employee of True Organic Products it is everyone’s responsibility to adhere to all safety and company policies including: the Injury and Illness Prevention Program, Food Safety and the employee handbook.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs assignments in accordance with established safety policies and procedures.
- Adheres to the Quality Policy, including all items assigned to this position in accordance with safety policies, procedures, and work instructions.
- Complies with the code of conduct and standards set forth in the Employee Handbook.
- Displays appropriate work ethics in the workplace and group setting which provides a positive influence on co-workers.
- Assures that all work assigned to the position is performed in accordance with specifications, instructions and requirements.
- Maintains good housekeeping and clean working areas in assigned work sites.
- Works with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency.
- Maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Oversees the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives.
- Responsible for all accounts payable/accounts receivable functions.
- Ensure complete and timely month end close.
- Responsible for accurate and timely year end close and to coordinates the annual external audit.
- Complies with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Responsible for all daily/weekly/monthly financial analysis and all variance explanations.
- Advanced knowledge of an ERP system with experience is data gathering/system maintenance/proper system setup. This person needs to be a “super user” of the ERP system.
- Must an expert in all functionalities of Inventory, General Ledger, Invoicing, Accounts Payable, Purchasing, Manufacturing and Account Receivable.
- Must be a expert in all business processes for a manufacturing company and understand and explain all dysfunctionalities.
- 2-3 yrs controller experience in a manufacturing environment. Accounting degree required. CPA/CMA preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT: physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Employee frequently is required to sit. Employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25-30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The work environment is indoors in a typical office environment.
- Environment at plant is dirty, dusty, odiferous, and 24/7 in all types of weather.
ACKNOWLEDGMENT & RECEIPT
I acknowledge that I have received, read, and sought clarification of any questions I have about the contents of this job description. I further understand that, in order for True Organic Products to retain necessary flexibility to meet organizational needs, this job description may be modified from time to time.