When you become part of our team, your career opportunities are endless. We offer our team members competitive compensation and world-class benefits. Our culture is easy to live, but hard to describe come see exactly what it means to be a part of High Point Networks.
High Point Networks is a leading provider of information technology solutions in both SMB and enterprise-level markets, servicing customers from coast to coast. We specialize in anything that spans your network, data center, phone system and endpoints with a strong security focus across all things IT. Our Headquarters is in West Fargo, North Dakota with additional regional offices throughout North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, Oklahoma, and Colorado. No matter where your business is located within the United States, we have you covered.
This is a technical installation position. This position provides physical, hands-on support as part of the Physical Security team. The job duties include maintenance and implementation of hardware, software and cabling of physical security solutions including, but not limited to, cameras, door systems and wireless access points. The ideal candidate is a person who is resourceful, has a broad knowledge of how to securely fasten equipment and can bring experiences together in a practical manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Perform the implementation of cabling and installation of surveillance systems, intrusion alarms, access control, and wireless access systems. Installation includes indoor and outdoor working environments. Work with Project Managers, ProServices Coordinators and Physical Security Team members to provide a professional installation for the customer.
- Install appropriate gear at client location
- Troubleshoot during or after the installation to resolve any issues that arise
- Communicate with Service Managers, Project Managers and Dispatch as required keeping them informed of progress and notifying them of impending changes
- Communicate with client during the progress of the installation
- Verify all services are working at the end of installation
- Document the final solution
- General Service Department duties and responsibilities
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
- Work in a team environment and communicate effectively
- Problem solve when issues arise
- Accurately document hours worked each day
- Enter time and expenses as they occur
- Work through a daily schedule that has been established through the dispatch or project management process
- Complete all work on assigned service and project
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities Required
Interpersonal skills such as:
- Telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to learn
- Ability to work in a fast-moving environment
Technical awareness and skills such as:
- Ability to learn our product catalog
- Service awareness of all organizations key IT services for which support is being provided
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Typing skills to ensure accurate entry of service request details, presales requests and project documentation
- Ability to complete relevant industry certifications
Ability to thrive in our environment:
- Hours of operation are typically within a normal working day but at times will require after hours work
- Travel is involved with minimal overnight stays
- Valid drivers license is required
- There are minimal after hours and on-call requirements
- While performing the duties of this position, individual may be required to stand and walk for extended periods using handheld equipment and power tools
- May encounter frequent climbing of stairs and ladders. Ability to work using a lift is preferred.
- Perform work in buildings, attics, basements, and crawl spaces
- May require working in environment that is not heated or air conditioned
- Work outdoors will be limited to when conditions are safe to do so
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds
- Will use normal range of vision, hearing, and speaking.
- Frequently engages in mental concentration, analysis and formulation
- Individual will often be required to physically climb, bend, crouch, squat, crawl, kneel, balance, reach, and twist to accomplish duties