JOB PURPOSE: Patrol and monitor premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of entrance doors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following as well as other duties and responsibilities, which may be assigned.
SAFETY As an employee of True Organic Products it is everyone’s responsibility to adhere to all safety and company policies including: the Injury and Illness Prevention Program, Food Safety and the employee handbook.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
• Performs assignments in accordance with established safety policies and procedures.
• Adheres to the Quality Policy, including all items assigned to this position in accordance with safety policies, procedures, and work instructions.
• Complies with the code of conduct and standards set forth in the Employee Handbook.
• Displays appropriate work ethics in the workplace and group setting which provides a positive influence on co-workers.
• Assures that all work assigned to the position is performed in accordance with specifications, instructions and requirements.
• Refers to work order or procedural instructions appropriate for each job, function or assignment before commencing work.
• Maintains good housekeeping and clean working area in guard shack.
• Wears required Personal Protective Equipment.
• Monitors and authorizes entrance and departure of all employees, visitors and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
• Closes main entrance gates at 6:00 pm to prevent entrance of non-employees after 6:00pm.
• Maintains Daily Activity Report and records accurate information of observations.
• Reports immediately to manager on shift any theft, presence of unauthorized person or unusual occurrences.
• The premises must be patrolled every hour starting at 7:00pm. The following areas must be checked: Liquid Room, Fuel tank, Shop & North/South Break Room .
• All patrols must be recorded on Daily Activity Report and submitted before the end of the shift.
• Minimize social conversation with other employees while on patrols to minimize distractions.
• Visual inspection of all 12 processing tanks in the liquid room must be done every hour after 7:00pm.
• Report all tank leakages to supervisor on duty. If tank is excessively leaking turn off pump and call supervisor on duty.
• Monitor pump temperatures. If temperature exceeds 150* turn off pump and record Daily Activity Report which pump was turned off, at what time and the temperature it was turned off at.
• Monitor and records gas gauge readings.
• Inspect and ensure that both break rooms are in good working condition. Any septic leakages need to be reported to supervisor on duty.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT: Physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Employee normally is required to stand and walk. Employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch.
• Employee must frequently lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts.
• The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock; and vibration.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to occasionally loud.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions that include dust, wind and sun.
• Environment at plant is dirty, dusty, odiferous, and 24/7 in all types of weather.
ACKNOWLEDGMENT & RECEIPT
I acknowledge that I have received, read, and sought clarification of any questions I have about the contents of this job description. I further understand that, in order for True Organic Products to retain necessary flexibility to meet organizational needs, this job description may be modified from time to time.