Osborn Engineering is seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer for any of our Florida office locations who will report to the Manager of Facilities, Florida. The ideal candidate would have strong working knowledge of Revit and AutoCAD.
Osborn is a fully integrated multi-disciplined design firm that uses a specialized team approach to engineering projects. These teams are comprised of a staff of more than 225 professionals that provide designs for all phases of a wide range of projects. Osborn has specialists in civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection and life safety, technology engineering, transportation and commissioning. As an employee-owned firm, each Osborn employee is committed to education and advancement – ensuring that each project is completed with a sense of pride. Osborn’s strength lies with its people.
- Perform advanced heating and cooling load calculations with Trace or HAP.
- Develop sections and elevations of complex ductwork and piping areas.
- Develop equipment room sizes during SD and DD phases.
- Edit specifications to reflect the project requirements.
- Develop air and water flows.
- Understand fan and pump curves to properly select equipment for application.
- Use the psychrometric chart properly for any HVAC system.
- Meet with vendors to determine specification requirements for application.
- Coordinate with other disciplines for all HVAC details.
- Respond to RFI’s for the project and accurately review submittals.
- Understand work planning and manage the design process to the available hours in the work plan.
- Understand the proper scope of SD, DD, CD level documents and deliver appropriate documentation.
- Modify sequences of operations for AHU’s, CHW and HW systems.
- Understand both constant and variable flow systems, and properly apply equipment.
- Meet with contractors during the bid phase to review the design details.
- Perform field verification and take-offs of existing systems for renovation projects.
Growth in leadership ability and organizational skills could lead to future advancement into project management for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- PE License
- Experience in designing Healthcare, Commercial, Higher Education or Laboratory projects
- Excellent Organizational and Communication skills
- Proactive and Collaborative team member
- Strong working knowledge of Revit and AutoCAD