Education, Experience, Certifications and Licensures:
- Have lived experience of homelessness, substance use or mental illness and be well-grounded in one’s own recovery.
- Has completed the Peer Recovery Support training or will within 6 months of hire
- High School diploma or equivalency
- Valid driver’s license and access to a working vehicle is required
- Intermediate computer skills that include knowledge of the Microsoft Office 365, data entry and use of Electronic Medical Records.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- All client interactions and interventions rely on the tenants of Trauma Informed Care, Motivational Interviewing, Person-Center Approaches, Housing First, Harm Reduction, Critical Time Interventions, Stages of Change and the Progressive Engagement Model. Basic knowledge and competence is preferred but must be acquired within six months of hire.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, multidisciplinary team environment, valuing the diverse skills and attributes of all team members
- Must have the knowledge, skill and demeanor needed to de-escalate challenging clients.
- Strong computer literacy skills, specifically with MS Word, Excel, Outlook and SharePoint (365).
- Organizational skills with the ability to meet a demanding workload
- Knowledge of Baltimore’s neighborhoods and resources.
- Sensitivity to cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of population served.
- Excellent oral and written interpersonal and communication skills required
- Problem solving skills
- Proven ability to work efficiently and meet deadlines
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and respond to customers and employees. The employee frequently is required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to walk, and sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
SAFETY & HEALTH RESPONSIBILITIES
HCAM is committed to providing and maintaining a safe, secure and healthy work environment for all employees, clients served, volunteers and visitors. As part of this commitment, HCAM has developed safety, security and occupational health policies, practices, and standards.
With this understanding, all employees are required to: Adhere to all local, state and federal safety and environmental codes, ordinances, standards and laws; adhere to all HCAM and local safety plans, policies, practices and standards; be aware of and follow all safety rules of your work site; report any unsafe conditions or accidents to your supervisor; practice standard precautions (formerly universal precautions) at all times, and; participate in mandatory or available safety training.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to both indoor and outdoor conditions. The employee will be subject to noise.