The Office of Finance and Administration (OFO) serves the 14 programs and centers of the Atlantic Council. Operational efficiency within OFO is critical to the success of the Council and the Deputy Director, Finance & Operations will lead the effort to continue to improve efficiencies. We seek a new team member to join us in our goal of delivering exceptional service to our colleagues to support the work they do to around the work with our partners and allies to shape the global future.
The Atlantic Council seeks an organized, entrepreneurial, and motivated professional to help drive a variety of projects to ensure that the internal operations of the organization run at peak efficiency. The Deputy Director will work directly with the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) in overseeing the Administrative, Finance, IT, and Security operations of the organization, and interact closely with the programs and centers across the Council to enhance and streamline day-to-day processes.
A successful candidate will have the ability to think creatively to problem solve, work well in a team, and communicate effectively. The candidate should be prepared to work in a fast-paced, driven work environment, and should possess a strong record of organization, reliability, creative thinking, attention to detail, and strong communication skills.
- Oversee COVID-19 protocols, office re-opening planning and procedures, and symptom screening and space reservation applications.
- Partner with HR in the development of organization-wide policies, trainings, and guides and maintain organizational Intranet.
- Work with Office Manager to oversee office space usage and seating and liaise with brokers to coordinate potential office expansion to meet the needs of a growing organization.
- Coordinate relationship with travel agency, including updating the Travel Policy and training staff on booking procedures.
- Co-manage the organization’s annual budget review process alongside the CAO
- Oversee the OFO departmental budget; track and reforecast yearly operational expenses
- Work alongside Security and IT teams to track projects, update policies, train staff, and enhance the overall cyber and physical security posture of the organization.
- Think creatively and work with programs and centers to identify areas for improvement in the Office of Finance and Operations.
- Maintain organization’s business licenses, charitable registrations, and tax accounts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.