- A minimum of 1 year experience in an accounting position.
- Accounting degree from a four-year college or university preferred but not required, or equivalent experience.
- Audit experience is a plus.
- Strong technical and analytical aptitude.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, including advanced Excel skills.
- Must be proficient in determining the application of Excel formulas to obtain specific results from large amounts of data.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics SL ERP system is a plus.
- Ability to prioritize workload, multi-task, and coordinate efforts across functions.
- Excellent written, verbal, communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work with all levels of colleagues.
- Capacity to work independently for long periods of time.
- Enthusiasm for collaboration, and commitment to professional codes of conduct; the Press’s may be accessed at https://press.princeton.edu/about/mission-values.
PUP is a strong advocate for greater diversity, equity, and inclusion in the university press community. Individuals who are members of groups underrepresented in academic publishing (which is, according to research by Lee & Low, historically a majority white, straight, cisgender, and nondisabled industry) are encouraged to apply. The Press provides a comprehensive and affordable benefits package and is located in a historic building on Princeton University’s campus that is walking distance from downtown Princeton with easy car access to Route 1 and walking distance from the Princeton train station.
Base Salary: $63,000/year plus extensive benefits package. Starting salary may be negotiable based on relevant skills and prior experience.
Application Instructions: Interested candidates should send a cover letter* with salary requirements, and a résumé, to the direct apply URL listed below.
*Please include in your cover letter a description of what you are currently reading and what’s on your “to read” list. Note that the cover letter is valued and reviewed closely as a writing sample.
Due to application volume, only finalists will be contacted. For more information on Princeton University Press, visit http://press.princeton.edu/.